News:

Keselowski wins Clash. Speedweeks continues at Daytona

Topic: SMOKE out again @ MICHIGAN  (Read 145 times)

5mike5 August 14, 2014, 05:46:50 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just officially announced he is out again this week's for MICHIGAN CUP race

5mike5 August 14, 2014, 05:49:39 PM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guess that's not a huge surprise. But just in case wanted to make a post asap as soon as it was official just in Case anybody was thinking about him here

nascarwagers August 14, 2014, 05:51:51 PM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Starting to wonder if he will be back in 2014. He would have to win to make the Chase now and there is not a lot of upside to him coming back. I would like to see him back out on the track but it seems the court of public opinion is trying to crucify him.

5mike5 August 14, 2014, 05:54:50 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
JEFF BURTON is replacing smoke this week

5mike5 August 14, 2014, 05:56:31 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Starting to wonder if he will be back in 2014. He would have to win to make the Chase now and there is not a lot of upside to him coming back. I would like to see him back out on the track but it seems the court of public opinion is trying to crucify him.
almost all  of that bad public crucifying is people that know nothing about the sport.  Most everybody with a brain knows he wasn't trying to hit the kid.

But I agree about sitting out.  On top of this incident, that leg isn't healed and it has showed so that would also be a another good reason Imo

Honestly I feel bad for him. And sure he does as well

nascarwagers August 14, 2014, 06:18:05 PM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
almost all  of that bad public crucifying is people that know nothing about the sport.  Most everybody with a brain knows he wasn't trying to hit the kid.

But I agree about sitting out.  On top of this incident, that leg isn't healed and it has showed so that would also be a another good reason Imo

Honestly I feel bad for him. And sure he does as well

I agree.

Also, appears Martin Truex Jr will miss Friday's practice and qualifying. His girlfriend is starting treatment for ovarian cancer and he will be with her Friday for her treatments.

5mike5 August 14, 2014, 06:57:23 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I noticed on twitter alot of the NASCAR guys were making encouraging tatemwnta about. Woman and knew it was a drivers girl but didn't stay on to search who it was. 

That's a very bad cancer for a woman too. 1 of the worst.  Hopefully since I know she's young ( VERY young for that disease too) they probably have to so a radical hysterectomy on her which is hard for. Woman wanting kids if she has none already but her life Is more important.

Hopefully they caught it in the VERY early and she can avoid a lot of  the worst case senarios

Optional August 14, 2014, 08:23:04 PM (#7)

• View Profile
Hmmm. 2 weeks off makes me start to think Stewart camp thinks some sort of charges might come.

5mike5 August 14, 2014, 08:30:34 PM (#8)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hmmm. 2 weeks off makes me start to think Stewart camp thinks some sort of charges might come.

Wow.  Imo I think its or more just the bad publicity aspect of it all.  But that's just my take. 

I don't see how in he works they can charge him for that.  That would be totally insane imo and would never be proved.  Just as easy to prove was the kids fault

Optional August 14, 2014, 08:46:54 PM (#9)

• View Profile

Wow.  Imo I think its or more just the bad publicity aspect of it all.  But that's just my take. 

I don't see how in he works they can charge him for that.  That would be totally insane imo and would never be proved.  Just as easy to prove was the kids fault

If they think he revved the car to scare the kid and it went wrong it could easily end up as some sort of reckless endangerment charge.

Maybe I am wrong. Could be Stewart feels that rotten now it has sunk in he just wants more time for all i know really.

5mike5 August 14, 2014, 09:11:33 PM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah that guy that have an interview that was actually in the race explaining about that "revvin" sound on the 1 video the engine that made it sound he did that to miss the kid but who knows. I'm pretty sure that was his take but he might not know either.But I don't think we will ever know what happened. U could spot on. I just don't think there's any video or evidence to ever make any charges.

At least almost every sprint car track in the natio. Now banning getting out of ur car period no matter what I less there's a fire or something.  Shocked of wasn't a rule anyways on that type of little ass track and how much those cars slide around