News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: COCA-COLA 600  (Read 874 times)

5mike5 May 22, 2017, 09:57:24 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 :< alright fellas it's the biggest racing weekend of the entire year and the Cup series is staying in CHARLOTTE for another week along with the Xfinity series on Saturday. Also  we got the Indy 500, coke 600 and the Monoco GP. This is gonna be a hell of a weekend!!!!!!

Charlotte is a 1.5 mile oval with banking in all 4 turns the exact same at 24 degrees and the straights are banked at 5 degrees.

After a lack luster all-star race from Charlotte last week, I honestly don't expect a whole lot but this race usually does have a ton of mechanical and tire issues considering it's a 600 mile marathon at 400 laps at this 1.5 mile cookie cutter and a ton of green flag runs. There have also been some really surprising winners over the years. Keep in mind we will also be adding a 4th stage sadly, all 4 stages will be 100 laps long. Little over Half the race will be run during the evening and the rest at night.

Just for the length alone and so many things can go wrong this is a very tough race to cap and first thing is just making go the end and having a shot at victory.  Not to mention the books have caught on to the few guys that are in contention every week on the intermediate racetracks.  So odds probably won't be very good

Gonna be tough but let's keep the ball rolling on a great 2017 season!!!!

GOODLUCK!!!

:dj

Reigle9 May 23, 2017, 07:40:49 AM (#1)

• View Profile
bowyer > kenseth

mcM > blaney +110

kurt > jr -140

jones > jr -105

suarez > a. dillon

guys ahead of Jr in points:
amirola
ty dillon
suarez
bayne (who is actually higher than a lot of guys)

5mike5 May 23, 2017, 11:38:21 AM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
**IMPORTANT NEWS***

NASCAR just announced (I know more changes) that they will be adding VHT (substance used @ Bristol last month) to the upper groove for for additional grip for the coke 600 this week to try and help drivers use the high groove better. The high groove usually comes in at Charlotte anyways, they should have just left it alone. But nascar doesn't know how to do that most of the time. They can't fix the aero on the cars in less than a week

nascarwagers May 23, 2017, 12:20:26 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
**IMPORTANT NEWS***

NASCAR just announced (I know more changes) that they will be adding VHT (substance used @ Bristol last month) to the upper groove for for additional grip for the coke 600 this week to try and help drivers use the high groove better. The high groove usually comes in at Charlotte anyways, they should have just left it alone. But nascar doesn't know how to do that most of the time. They can't fix the aero on the cars in less than a week

They are trying their best to come up with a situation to make the race more exciting. We saw last week, with everyone running at bottom of track, that you lost the nose of the car when you pulled behind someone which made passing very difficult and exemplified the importance of clean air. I understand what NASCAR is trying to do but the high groove usually comes in at Charlotte any way (obviously not enough laps to do so in the All-Star last week). Now more cars will be up there from the start so it will likely hurt the high groove towards the end of the race when the resin wears off.

420 Octane May 23, 2017, 02:03:10 PM (#4)

Reigle9 May 23, 2017, 02:13:24 PM (#5)

• View Profile
Indy 500 news:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/auto-racing/story.cfm/story/1858384
People are so goddamn stupid. They're teenagers so at least they will kill anyone until they're 18 and get out of juvi.

The lesson here is don't eat sawdust filled burritos.

5mike5 May 23, 2017, 02:13:36 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah I saw that yesterday morning. Crazy

Reigle9 May 23, 2017, 03:58:44 PM (#7)

• View Profile
i need an alt 5d account just to shit talk lol

"greek posted at like 5am, could you wake up the copier?"

5mike5 May 23, 2017, 04:11:41 PM (#8)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Now reigle they don't just copy them they actually have to add the correct amount to Greeks lines to open their market.

:lol

They aren't posting til tomorrow

nascarwagers May 23, 2017, 06:27:02 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So the Brickyard 400 will now be the last race before the Chase, Richmond is now a part of the Chase, Las Vegas in now a part of the Chase, and they will include in the infield road course at Charlotte

:shock :shock :shock :shock :shock

nascarwagers May 23, 2017, 06:29:53 PM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you are wondering what the road course will look like. It will basically be all of the 1.5 mile surface of Charlotte but with the road course included

Charlotte Road Course

5mike5 May 23, 2017, 07:18:19 PM (#11)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you are wondering what the road course will look like. It will basically be all of the 1.5 mile surface of Charlotte but with the road course included

Charlotte Road Course

Really wish they would have used one of the exsisting road courses for the chase myself. But another TV is always good just RC should be interesting.

420 Octane May 23, 2017, 11:12:20 PM (#12)

• View Profile

I need a primary 5 Dimes account.

I went to 5D live lines when you guys posted and didn't see any Nascar.
Now I understand that you were quoting Greek lines (haven't been able to get an account at the Greek since they cut off from USA customers).

Reigle9 May 24, 2017, 03:14:15 AM (#13)

• View Profile
Waking up to opti shit talking at 3am might be the scariest thing ever lol

Reigle9 May 24, 2017, 03:17:44 AM (#14)

• View Profile

I need a primary 5 Dimes account.

I went to 5D live lines when you guys posted and didn't see any Nascar.
Now I understand that you were quoting Greek lines (haven't been able to get an account at the Greek since they cut off from USA customers).
It was the very first book I had when I had 0 idea what I was doing. I was just a dumb kid that wanted to bet on forrest griffin. But you don't need an account to see the odds.