News:

Keselowski wins Clash. Speedweeks continues at Daytona

Topic: MARTINSVILLE--CUP  (Read 683 times)

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 11:01:53 AM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 :< alright guys we are off to the "PAPERCLIP" this weekend for some beating and banging short track racing!!! The Xfinity series has its first weekend off but the Truck series makes it return on saturday afternoon. We have been KILLING it in the lower series too so hopefully we can pick up where we left off with the trucks in Atlanta. Thankfully the Cup race will have an earlier starting time as well since the west coast swing is finally over. 

Martinsville is a 0.536 mile "paperclip" shaped oval short track. The backing is a just 12-degrees in all the corners and 0 degrees on the straights. And the straights are only 800 feet in length as well. U move guys out of the way when necessary at this racetrack

Just started looking over my notes and I think a few of the vets that have gotten off to slower starts should get right this week barring wrecks again of course. Not sure I'll have the round loaded talent I have basically every week this year. But all that depend on the opening and closing odds, which historically are TERRIBLE for the favs of this race, but maybe we see better than expected. Who knows

As always everybody's thoughts, opinions, and picks are always welcomed. Been a good season so far so hopefully we can keep it rolling this weekend!!

GOODLUCK!

:cheers

Reigle9 March 28, 2017, 11:41:21 AM (#1)

• View Profile
I think this is a tough one. It's going to be tough to guess the odds listing since harvick hasn't done much here. Not even going to attempt the odds.

kyle
logano
jj
harvick
brad
hamlin
kenseth

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 11:44:04 AM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jimmie, Hamlin, and Kyle B will be the favs on openers

Around +600 is my guess for all 3

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 11:50:34 AM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not expecting much of any real value on openers this week, or anytime really

Underdogs are not a favorable play historically at Martinsville either.

Gonna be short rosters and hopefully be a parlay from Qualifying OR trucks to close to help out on raceday

Optional March 28, 2017, 11:51:46 AM (#4)

• View Profile
Larson back 2 back?

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 11:53:58 AM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Actually in he last 30 races here, Newman is the ONLY even midrange winner there has been at Martinsville. So longshots are pretty much a waste of money imo

Also 3 of the last 6 winners have started 15th or worse and 2 of those were in the 20s. So u can drive through the field here. JR has showcased that lately

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 11:57:53 AM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Larson back 2 back?

I don't think so

Only finished on the lead lap 2/6 here and only 1 top 10 run last April. Never lead a lap either. Short sample size of course and learning curve, but don't see any young guys winning the race honestly. Can't see his odds being good enough to take a chance on. Maybe I'm wrong though

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 12:06:51 PM (#7)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not that if he won I would be THAT surprised. It is Kyle Larson who I believe can donjust about anything from behind the wheel. He is incredible really

Not to mention the kid is in anflat out historic rear right now. Finishing better than anybody else has in nascar history in 7 straight races.

Something like 2,2,12,2,2,2,1st

INCREDIBLE

alvarez75 March 28, 2017, 12:08:39 PM (#8)

• View Profile
Here is Jay's Year to date win/loss at each race if 1 unit=100. keep up the great work buddy

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 12:09:40 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not that if he won I would be THAT surprised. It is Kyle Larson who I believe can donjust about anything from behind the wheel. He is incredible really

Not to mention the kid is in anflat out historic rear right now. Finishing better than anybody else has in nascar history in 7 straight races.

Something like 2,2,12,2,2,2,1st

INCREDIBLE

And the 12th is Daytona.  So wow

5mike5 March 28, 2017, 12:12:23 PM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sucks there is no Xfinity race this weekend, it's been an absolute cash cow for us

But trucks are back, and nailed the longshot early bet winner last time, but don't think odds will be that great this week to be honest. At least from guys I expect to contend at Martinsville

nascarwagers March 28, 2017, 05:32:23 PM (#11)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here is Jay's Year to date win/loss at each race if 1 unit=100. keep up the great work buddy

Just for the record, Daytona Trucks and Xfinity were not official picks. Even says that in the previews but I do appreciate it bud!

5mike5 March 29, 2017, 11:39:02 AM (#12)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Odds posted 15 min ago

5mike5 March 29, 2017, 11:55:19 AM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Surely that wasnt just me that crushed a few of those. :)

Best Odds lasted ohhhh maybe 5 minutes  :lol

I sent texts and emails!!

Reigle9 March 29, 2017, 11:57:07 AM (#14)

• View Profile
Would probably take .5 of kyle, logano, kenseth, and chase just to get a piece of openers before practice. I doubt kyle or logano get better, kenseth might but +1150 is much better than vegas, and I doubt chase wins, but that's the best odds he'll be all year and in a historically good car here.