News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: POCONO 2--5mike5  (Read 1372 times)

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 12:57:56 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alright fellas we are back to pocono already this weekend for the cup series. Even though it seems like we were just here last weekend, take note on how different these races usually turn out each year. Alot of us got lucky last time because keslowski screwed up royally hopefully this week we won't need that type of miracle to win.  But I'll take winners by any means but I might have a stroke celebrating like that again.  Lol

All 3 series will be in action this weekend with the trucks racing @ pocono on Saturday afternoon and nationwide series racing at IOWA on Saturday night.  So we have a Saturday doubleheader b4 the cup race on Sunday. 

Goodluck this weekend fellas and lets keep cashin in.  It's been an amazing summer so let's make this last month strong. we have been killing the books for months on end now abd i dont feel like its gonna end either....we have been el fuego boys!

:moneypile   :shift  :shift  :shift

nascarwagers July 29, 2014, 02:21:04 PM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A lot of racing this weekend  :dance

Let's keep it going :show$

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 03:47:09 PM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 Oh Yeah in FIRED UP about the double header on Saturday.  I love  when that happens and only does 2-3 times a year at the most I think.  Be nice to have a nice winning Saturday going into cup race.  I'll try and get a parlay or 2 of h2h underdogs or race winners on last-leg for cup race.

Pretty soon we will have football to use in open parlays for close with NASCAR plays too.  I hit a load of those last year with all +odd picks.  Really all I do with football is open parlays with 3-slots and open last- leg for the cup race but sometimes I'll make a football only +odds parlay but only 1 a week usually.  Being $ smart outside of NASCAR is a must for me

:dj

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 05:05:05 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rumor has it penalties for the #11 team after failing post race inspection is gonna be STIFF

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 05:23:52 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rumor has it penalties for the #11 team after failing post race inspection is gonna be STIFF

Crew chief Darian Grubb suspended 6 freaking races and docked 75 DRIVER points and 75 OWNER points.

And crew chief D. Grubb fines $125,000 CASH. 

OUCH!!!!!

Talk about throwing the book at that entire team!

nascarwagers July 29, 2014, 05:37:22 PM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Crew chief Darian Grubb suspended 6 freaking races and docked 75 DRIVER points and 75 OWNER points.

And crew chief D. Grubb fines $125,000 CASH. 

OUCH!!!!!

Talk about throwing the book at that entire team!

Man those are big penalties, explains why Hamlin went from saying his car was "terrible" to running in the top 5 on Sunday

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 05:59:34 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The #11 car chief also out for 6 races

Mario4 July 29, 2014, 06:13:25 PM (#7)

• View Profile
Hey guys. I bet a bunch of H2H matchups against Denny Hamlin. With him failing post-race inspection do I have an argument that my bets should be no bets? Has anyone gone through a similar thing?

Optional July 29, 2014, 06:29:35 PM (#8)

• View Profile
Hey guys. I bet a bunch of H2H matchups against Denny Hamlin. With him failing post-race inspection do I have an argument that my bets should be no bets? Has anyone gone through a similar thing?

I don't think so. 5Dimes grades on results posted immediately post race. Some others might wait for official results to be posted. But I think all will have a rule about them not changing for post race penalties.

Plus, I don't think they changed his race result anyway.

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 06:52:09 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No post race penalties never change bets of any kind at any book.   Not h2hs, not winners, nothing. 

There is no such thing as being disqualified, after the race is official all bets stand.  And he officially finished 4th anyways. No matter what the penalty is post race, all results always stand in nascar

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 08:22:48 PM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Odds are up and posted at the Greek right now on cup and nationwide WIN odds, if u want a idea of the odds    Be better at dimes but still give a range of what they are. Love a few of them at the non favs.  Will just max 1 time early and wait probably til raceday to see those odds to addon. Been at the books and past races all damn day today. I took a rare full rest and enjoy the Indy win yesterday do I'm ready.  Usually take a day on the 2nd time at a track because only have to update my Indianapolis or any track notebook from last race here. everything else same as i did few weeks ago and glance an watch over the fall only races from last few years and all my driver notes and update from 6 weeks ago.

History really states the fall race turns out TOTALLY a different than the race in mid June here.  The racetrack changes ALOT believe it or not baking in the hot sun for even 6 weeks.  So worst thing u can do is look at just the June race and bet exclusively only off that race. Just a pointer of mine and its my opinion not the gospel but always serves me well

Already know my nationwide early bets too and might take 2 openers early and late longshot.  Just depends on how much better dimes odds are

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 09:29:53 PM (#11)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just from reading over all my personal notebooks on the drivers @ pocono  it's really amazing the difference ALOT of drivers have with how much better they run in either the June race or the August race almost every year.  Its a lot of them too not just a few of them, and the discrepancy is huge for many of the heavy hitters too.   And with wins as well not just running and finishing well

Just something u also might want to have a look at.  Just another tool when picking ur roster this week. Cause going just off the race here 6 weeks ago probably will not work out very well imo.   

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 10:58:29 PM (#12)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Also harvick is starting to be over priced at every racetrack we go to.  Yes he's fast in the usually meaningless practice and qualifying sessions but just like last week he wasn't anything scary for a win come Racetime.  And he's the 3rd fav at the Greek behind mr overrated weekly Jimmie Johnson but  harvick has NEVER  even won a single race at pocono before in his whole career. 

5mike5 July 29, 2014, 11:05:37 PM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kyle Larson and Austin dillon are the only cup guys running the truck race @ pocono this weekend.

I'm glad little bit of a change there.  Surprised Kyle or harvick isn't running since it's at the same racetrack as cup is.  But nice change like I said. 

rs1x July 30, 2014, 07:34:26 AM (#14)

• View Profile
Attached is Pocono.xlsx ...An excel file that contains h2h data I scraped for the last few races @ Pocono.

Check the pivot tables for a high level overview on how the drivers h2h's have been graded here. Hope this data is helpful to someone out there!