News:

Keselowski wins Clash. Speedweeks continues at Daytona

Topic: DARLINGTON--CUP  (Read 449 times)

5mike5 August 30, 2016, 11:51:47 AM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 :< alright boys 1 of the best jewels of the whole CUP series starts this weekend at darlington!!!!  The one time a year battle royal!!!!   Just wanted to get the thread up as odds should be up today

Lets go get em!!!!!

Again!!!

nascarwagers August 31, 2016, 11:06:39 AM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

nascarwagers August 31, 2016, 11:06:58 AM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Odds are about as conservative as they can be  :sucks

Reigle9 August 31, 2016, 11:29:48 AM (#3)

• View Profile
1u jj +1300
.75u harvick +600
.5u chase +1650

nascarwagers August 31, 2016, 01:18:17 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hamlin +800 (1.5 units)

I can't pass him up here, easily his best track. Last 6 races: 1st, 6th, 2nd, 2nd, 19th, and 3rd.

Optional August 31, 2016, 10:53:32 PM (#5)

• View Profile
Hamlin +800 (1.5 units)

I can't pass him up here, easily his best track. Last 6 races: 1st, 6th, 2nd, 2nd, 19th, and 3rd.

Surprised he hasn't moved in more. Still +750

What do you think about Chase? Has he got a shot at the fairytale next race redemption?

I think I recall larson looking extra good here last year, until he hit the wall a few times trying too hard.

nascarwagers September 01, 2016, 12:20:48 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hamlin +800 (1.5 units)

Surprised he hasn't moved in more. Still +750

What do you think about Chase? Has he got a shot at the fairytale next race redemption?

I think I recall larson looking extra good here last year, until he hit the wall a few times trying too hard.

I think he definitely has a chance. Remember, it was the Darlington win in the Xfinity Series over several Sprint Cup guys that really opened everyone's eyes in his rookie season in Xfinity. He got his first win at Texas then the next week won at Darlington over Harvick, Kenseth, Logano, Kyle Busch, and Kyle Larson.

The only downside is that I think the JGR advantage returns this week. We have had several races on road courses, then Bristol, and the new aero package to distract us in recent weeks. Now we go back to a more true oval type speedway where JGR has dominated this season. Not sure if Hendrick is as good under the 2016 package. I think that hurts a bit but I would definitely not rule him out

vegas native September 01, 2016, 04:44:55 PM (#7)

• View Profile
All track activities are canceled at Darlington tomorrow. I guess they have Hurricane type winds coming in. They said on the radio Saturday looks decent and Sunday is going to be a perfect day out there

Optional September 01, 2016, 05:33:39 PM (#8)

• View Profile
All track activities are canceled at Darlington tomorrow. I guess they have Hurricane type winds coming in. They said on the radio Saturday looks decent and Sunday is going to be a perfect day out there

That was 100% of practice sessions for both series.

Sat is just the two qualifying sessions and Xfin race at 3.30.

Wonder if they push the race back into the evening.

nascarwagers September 02, 2016, 12:37:29 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dale JR is out for the rest of the season. Says he is working towards recovering for Daytona

Optional September 02, 2016, 07:41:29 PM (#10)

• View Profile
Looks like they wont be running quali for either series.

SATURDAY, SEPT. 3:

ON TRACK: DARLINGTON

Sprint Cup Series, XFINITY Series qualifying canceled; Lineups per rulebook

-- 9-9:55 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice (Follow live)

-- 11 a.m.-12:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, CNBC for entirety, simulcast on NBCSN from 11:30-12:30 (Follow live)

-- 1:30-2:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, NBCSN (Follow live)

-- 3:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200 (147 laps, 200.8 miles), NBC (Follow live)

ON TRACK: CANADIAN TIRE

-- 9:30-10:25 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice (Follow live)

-- 11:35 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Follow live)

-- 5:45 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS2 (Follow live)

Reigle9 September 02, 2016, 07:51:17 PM (#11)

• View Profile
Damn, cause I like practice and the fake odds after qualifying. Probably for the best though as I bet openers on prior results. Now they just have to win ha.

Reigle9 September 02, 2016, 08:05:57 PM (#12)

• View Profile
It should go friday, trucks.
Sat at noon xfinity
Cup sunday

Nascar can't compete with football. Free pron on cbs in hd could barely complete with football.

This year has been so frustrating. It never doesn't rain. Now it's football season and nobody fucking cares.

Optional September 03, 2016, 12:51:23 AM (#13)

• View Profile
It should go friday, trucks.
Sat at noon xfinity
Cup sunday

Nascar can't compete with football. Free pron on cbs in hd could barely complete with football.

This year has been so frustrating. It never doesn't rain. Now it's football season and nobody fucking cares.

I used to like when it was Fri Practice and Quali. Sat 2 x practice and Sunday at either 1pm or 3pm we would race.

Hate the way there is no consistency now.

Also, I used to use info about previous race practices to cap how current race should play out in practice, among other things. And managed to about 5x the bankroll each year for 3 years. It was a lot of work but it spit out fair H2H odds estimates that worked (to show value, not winners)

Honestly, I haven't come up with a good system to cap NASCAR again since they changed from mostly using that same format and my old system stopped working. Have to admit I just go on basic stats, news and interviews, and a lot of gut feel these days. Which is one of the reasons I don't throw out a lot of opinions anymore. No real confidence in them usually.

Reigle9 September 03, 2016, 01:37:01 AM (#14)

• View Profile
I think there was something nascar stopped allowing or some nonsense that ended when I first started getting into it. Think crew chiefs said who was good, or something along those lines.