News:

Keselowski wins Clash. Speedweeks continues at Daytona

Topic: ELDORA Truck Race--5mike5  (Read 752 times)

5mike5 July 20, 2014, 02:31:06 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NOTHING is better than a wednesdy night dirt track race from ELDORA dirt the 2nd year in a row to get the is week started off with a BANG with the Mid-Summer Classic!!!

this race was GREAT last season and i expect nothing different at all....this maybe 1 race even if i didnt bet it i would still watch and get excited about it....Tont Stewart did an amazing job with the 1st event last summer and i expect nothing less this year....

**AGAIN WEDNESDAY NIGHT, JULY 23rd!!!! (on FOXSPORTS1)......

what a week of nascar serioes action we have this week gentlemen.....even though we only have 1 race to go off of which really is like have next to nothing imo, this track is all about experience dirt tracking and staying within an inch of the wall most of the race even though after watching last years race again, there were a few that could work the lowest part of the track and make up ground....wither way i cant wait just see this race.....something different than we see all year in the nascar ranks

and then we can look forward to the sat/sun races from INDY!!

GOODLUCK, cant wait to see the opening odds come out on this 1

:dancelol

Optional July 20, 2014, 02:42:14 PM (#1)

• View Profile
I wish trucks would race Wednesday every week!

5mike5 July 20, 2014, 03:01:59 PM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I wish trucks would race Wednesday every week!

so do I

nascarwagers July 20, 2014, 06:06:56 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh my Trucks on Dirt! It does not get any better than this. Odds should be great as a lot of drivers can win this Saturday night style dirt track racing with qualifying, heats, and then the main.

Kind of surprised that none of the really big dirt names are entered like last year with Bloomquist, Landers, Hines, etc. Then again none of them did really well last year. There are only a few guys with significant dirt track experience outside of the Truck Series regulars which include Cody Erickson (modifieds), Jody Knowles (late models), and JR Heffner (late models). Of course Ken Schrader has raced everything on dirt for decades.

Should be an interesting night to say the least, can't wait to see opening odds

Optional July 21, 2014, 04:04:50 AM (#4)

• View Profile
Was there more Cup guys in this race last year or am I mixing it up with the Classic?

5mike5 July 21, 2014, 11:48:21 AM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't recall any of the cup guys at all in the race last year.  It's called mid summer classic though

nascarwagers July 21, 2014, 11:52:45 AM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The name of the race is the 1-800-CarCash Mudsummer Classic but there were not any Cup drivers in last year's field. Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson, who both raced last year, will be the only Cup guys in Wednesday night's field.

nascarwagers July 21, 2014, 11:56:15 AM (#7)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone noticed this but if you look at the "new" faces on the entry list, nearly all of those drivers are in older Truck models. A few 2013 and even 2012 chassis for those drivers. Doubt it will make any difference but worth mentioning

dapperandy July 22, 2014, 02:34:22 AM (#8)

• View Profile
The name of the race is the 1-800-CarCash Mudsummer Classic but there were not any Cup drivers in last year's field. Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson, who both raced last year, will be the only Cup guys in Wednesday night's field.

Don't forget Michael Annett :dancer

milehigh July 22, 2014, 09:02:36 AM (#9)

• View Profile
Kyle Larson     +200
Austin Dillon     +350
Ty Dillon     +775
Ryan Blaney     +875
Darrell Wallace Jr     +875
Matt Crafton     +975
Erik Jones     +975
Field (any other driver)     +1050
Timothy Peters     +1350
Joey Coulter     +1350
Michael Annett     +1650
Ken Schrader     +2000
Johnny Sauter     +2000
Ron Hornaday Jr     +2250
Jeb Burton     +2750
Tyler Reddick     +2750

Ugly Lines at 5Dimes...

Tim Peters would be the only one I'd consider right now but I'd be more comfortable around +1800. 

SubjectMatterExpert July 22, 2014, 09:32:46 AM (#10)

• View Profile
Anyone like Schader here or past his time?

milehigh July 22, 2014, 10:05:09 AM (#11)

• View Profile
I looked at Schrader as he popped out...won the pole here last year but then seemed to be mediocre the entire race.   I only watched a race-rewind though so Mike might be able to chime in with more insight.  It just didn't seem like he was competitive at all...

nascarwagers July 22, 2014, 11:34:25 AM (#12)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I took Tyler Reddick +2750, way too much value there for a guy with plenty of dirt track experience.

Took Erik Jones +975  :cheers

Larson and Dillon way overvalued. I really like Larson but +200 is a joke (so is +350 for Austin). All it takes is 1 mistake in the heats and drivers can be trying to make up ground all night. Hopefully the favorites get a little better, but I will not take neither Dillon to win no matter what their odds get to.

nascarwagers July 22, 2014, 11:37:43 AM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Joey Coulter +1350 has some upside as well

nascarwagers July 22, 2014, 11:45:24 AM (#14)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nobody has accomplished more on dirt than Schrader. I think he can be a threat but believe he will fade the later the race goes just like last year. Lot of really talented young guys with plenty of dirt experience to contend with, tough for a 60 year old to keep that pace the whole night. Or at least that is the way I look at it