News:

Keselowski wins Clash. Speedweeks continues at Daytona

Topic: F1 - European GP  (Read 214 times)

Optional June 16, 2016, 05:41:26 PM

• View Profile
Brand new street circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan which looks interesting.

Most prominent feature is the very long front straight.

Teams will want to setup low downforce for this but that will compromise them in the rest of the tight sections that make up about half the lap distance.

It's going to be hot, which is thought to be good for the Mercs... but they won last week in cold Montreal and red bull seemed to suffer with cold tires there than Merc. So who knows. Making the tires work should not be an issue at least this week.

Red Bull is going to have to be mega awesome around the tight section to make up for what they are going to lose on that straight. Not sure they can do it.

Hoping we get a battle between Ferrari and Merc.

rs1x June 17, 2016, 10:10:12 AM (#1)

• View Profile

Teams will want to setup low downforce for this but that will compromise them in the rest of the tight sections that make up about half the lap distance.

It's going to be hot, which is thought to be good for the Mercs... but they won last week in cold Montreal and red bull seemed to suffer with cold tires there than Merc. So who knows. Making the tires work should not be an issue at least this week.

Red Bull is going to have to be mega awesome around the tight section to make up for what they are going to lose on that straight. Not sure they can do it.

Let us know if there are any bets you are liking early - I usually play the +700 - +2000 fastests lap props every race.  It's worked out for me more than it hasn't.  Will look to play some Vettel & some Riccardo and hope for the best.

Optional June 17, 2016, 10:18:44 AM (#2)

• View Profile
Ferrari and Red Bull have both looked mediocre so far in both friday practices. And Mercedes way ahead with Williams closest and Force India showing strongly too.

I think Saturday morning practice before quali will give a better idea after they have all worked out the new track surface and setup needed better.

vegas native June 17, 2016, 10:59:36 AM (#3)

• View Profile
Yeah it looks like we need to either bet on one of the Mercedes cars or hope they take each other out on the first lap. This track looks tight so that might actually happen

5mike5 June 17, 2016, 01:50:09 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Stickied this thread as I know optional a F1 race threads are always popular and should be up there with all the rest of the series races.

If u got any fast lap longer shots besides kimi (not saying he's a lingshot haven't looked yet) let me know please and thank I buddy.   Good luck with this race b4 the xfinity race this week.  That's wierd isn't it.  Lol

WHAT TIME DOES THIS RACE START on the east coast Sunday morning anyways if anybody knows thank you for answeringmm  :cheersd

5mike5 June 17, 2016, 01:54:57 PM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Let us know if there are any bets you are liking early - I usually play the +700 - +2000 fastests lap props every race.  It's worked out for me more than it hasn't.  Will look to play some Vettel & some Riccardo and hope for the best.

I'm the exact same way.   Usually only thing I bet on F1 taces is the fastest lap and has to be double digits or damn close.  Haven't bet as many last 1-2 seasons and should knead having some success at it but that was when kimi was on fire winning hhem and still giving really decent odds on him.  Plus I like him so when his odds are longer shot I usually always bet him when I bet any F1 race

rs1x June 17, 2016, 02:21:35 PM (#6)

• View Profile
Stickied this thread as I know optional a F1 race threads are always popular and should be up there with all the rest of the series races.

If u got any fast lap longer shots besides kimi (not saying he's a lingshot haven't looked yet) let me know please and thank I buddy.   Good luck with this race b4 the xfinity race this week.  That's wierd isn't it.  Lol

WHAT TIME DOES THIS RACE START on the east coast Sunday morning anyways if anybody knows thank you for answeringmm  :cheersd

9:00 AM EST Sunday the 19th.

vegas native June 18, 2016, 12:56:33 PM (#7)

• View Profile
What happened to Hamilton in qualifying?

rs1x June 18, 2016, 01:11:58 PM (#8)

• View Profile
Lewis Hamilton, who hit the wall at Turn 11 of the punishing Baku City Circuit

5mike5 June 18, 2016, 02:41:33 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In I have any question about any series about anything just ask rs1x

Optional June 19, 2016, 02:15:23 AM (#10)

• View Profile
Longshots all worth a go at this race for fast lap.

Fast lap is likely to be taken by the last person to hit the wall and blow a tire and can get back out.

Probably going to be more than one safety car.

All teams planning a 1 stop race btw.

rs1x June 19, 2016, 09:27:40 AM (#11)

• View Profile
Kimi just set fastest lap

rs1x June 19, 2016, 09:36:50 AM (#12)

• View Profile
Rosberg steals fastest lap back :kill

rs1x June 19, 2016, 09:39:48 AM (#13)

• View Profile
hamilton  :kill

Optional June 19, 2016, 09:59:07 AM (#14)

• View Profile
Kimi looking good for fast lap right now.

He looks like he might be planning a late stop and only tires he has left are the Super Soft fast ones.