News:

Hamlin scores first JGR win at Loudon! Up next: Trucks at Eldora and Cup/Xfinity at the Brickyard

Topic: HOMESTEAD FINALE--5mike5  (Read 785 times)

5mike5 November 17, 2015, 03:07:52 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 :<another successful season wraps up this Sunday in homestead as the 2015 season comes to an end. Will post more just wanted to get the thread up and running

Mario4 November 17, 2015, 09:34:51 PM (#1)

• View Profile
Its been a great year fellas. Thanks to everyone's opinions and picks.

I already started thinking about next season. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can streamline opinions and try to come up with a more thorough way of handicapping the races.

I've done something similar to Mike and started watching the last 1-2 races at the particular track in my handicapping this season. I would have no problem posting some bullet points.

I am just trying to figure out ways we can all make more money next season.

Stats1 November 17, 2015, 09:45:19 PM (#2)

• View Profile

I already started thinking about next season. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can streamline opinions and try to come up with a more thorough way of handicapping the races.

I've done something similar to Mike and started watching the last 1-2 races at the particular track in my handicapping this season. I would have no problem posting some bullet points.

yes I totally agree buddy  :cheers.  and maybe some people could post units of there plays if they like 1 driver a lot more then others       Bol 2 all at Homestead  :cheers

5mike5 November 18, 2015, 01:24:25 AM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I agree and want to thank each and every posted that gives their opinions on the races every week. This place has grown leaps and bounds this season and every single persons opinion has helped me I know and I'm sure everyone else. 

I'm gonna start giving my opinions earlier in the week for 1 thing and also good idea to give a grade or something on who I like more than others than just listing all my bets b4 the race.  I want to improve every year and we all can I know I need to

Just taking a chance to say thank you all so much.

(U too stats!  :). Lol.  Seriously I really respect all ur opinions and the knowledge u bring weekly even though u pick on me constantly. Lol.  Deep down I know it's all love buddy!)

5mike5 November 18, 2015, 10:24:49 AM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll also make a thread after the finale for ideas for improvements wct wct and me and jay will talk the week after k sure for site improvements ect ect and anybody can also give ideas for that as well.  Jay works very hard to make the site and experience. The best it can be.  Remember we are just in out 2nd season and 1st was only 1/2 a season it so if I remember. And already is the best Nascar site BY fAR and We already have better posters that give great advice, knowledge , and winners and we will only keep getting better.   

Anyways more of that stuff after the season

We still have a huge amount of money to win this weekend with a triple header!!!

Reigle9 November 18, 2015, 02:19:12 PM (#5)

• View Profile
Kyle +675 (would be great)
Kenseth 10/1
Gordon 11/1

5mike5 November 18, 2015, 02:46:17 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kyle +675 (would be great)
Kenseth 10/1
Gordon 11/1

Id love to see Kyle as champion

420 Octane November 18, 2015, 06:50:31 PM (#7)

• View Profile
Suggestion - Start a thread on Monday for each series racing that week.
Waiting till Wed./Thurs. is not helpful if posters have early thoughts on the race.

If Jay/Mike don't have time to write an introduction in the 1st post, then hold off on that until  it's convenient for you. Or don't bother with writing it at all if that's easier.

But don't hold off starting the thread.

5mike5 November 18, 2015, 06:53:52 PM (#8)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Very few times its posted past Tuesday for the cup series I post weekly.

I wait til Tuesday on purpose because most people take Monday off and odds aren't even posted on Mondays either was my reasoning.  Plus nobody has ever asked for it on Mondays

Stats1 November 18, 2015, 07:08:09 PM (#9)

• View Profile

I wait til Tuesday on purpose because most people take Monday off and odds aren't even posted on Mondays either was my reasoning.  Plus nobody has ever asked for it on Mondays
the earlier the better  :thumpup

420 Octane November 18, 2015, 07:44:01 PM (#10)

• View Profile

I agree. Monday is fine.

People may have ideas on the next race as soon as the current week's race is finished.

The odds don't have to be up for people to want to put some thoughts down.

And I was referring to all  3 series. It looks like the CWS/Xfinity threads won't be up till tonite/tomorrow.
Why wait till the day before the practices begin to start a thread?

Since Jay seems to be busy, why don't you Mike start all 3, and Jay when it's convenient for himself can write an intro if he wishes at a later time?

Stats1 November 19, 2015, 11:21:22 AM (#11)

• View Profile
Thursday at noon and no truck or Xfinity thread  :?  :?

Stats1 November 19, 2015, 12:24:09 PM (#12)

• View Profile
2 early cup plays
Kenseth 10-1
Carl 15-1

5mike5 November 19, 2015, 10:30:50 PM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Ok sounds good will do.   If I forget just remind me 1st week next season and will do every Monday for everybody and get in the habit

:cheers

420 Octane November 19, 2015, 11:54:49 PM (#14)

• View Profile

Ok sounds good will do.   If I forget just remind me 1st week next season and will do every Monday for everybody and get in the habit

:cheers

Sounds good.
Thanks Mike