News:

Keselowski wins Clash. Speedweeks continues at Daytona

Topic: TRUEX JR SIGNS EXTENSION W/#78  (Read 194 times)

5mike5 September 26, 2015, 01:29:10 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Think it's just another 1- year deal

And moving to TOYOTA cars also

5mike5 September 26, 2015, 01:36:10 PM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Any j guys know if bowyer under contract next season?

yisman September 26, 2015, 02:12:27 PM (#2)

• View Profile

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-sprint-cup/nascar-free-agent-clint-bowyer-taking-timeout-2016-talk

In the hopes of contending for the Sprint Cup Series championship during his swan song season with Michael Waltrip Racing, Clint Bowyer says he has temporarily shelved his 2016 contract negotiations until further notice.

With the Chase for the Championship set to begin on Sept. 20 at Chicagoland and Bowyer having not yet locked himself into the field of 16, the veteran driver says he has told interested teams that he wants to place his full attention on the playoff format for the time being.

"I don't want to use the word backburner but I said, let's take a timeout right here for a couple of days," Bowyer said about his conversations with other organizations. "That's what we did this week. I stayed at the farm and (wife) Laura went to New York for a couple of days with her girlfriends.

5mike5 September 26, 2015, 02:20:40 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks yisman

I hadn't heard he found a ride hey with MWR not fielding a cup car next season full time

Trying to figure out a good fit for him.   Should boot menard or Patrick but no idea about the status either I don't keep up with that aspect of the sport til I see the reports

Appreciate the info

5mike5 September 27, 2015, 01:08:26 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And will be aligning themselves with JGR

Can't get any better than that for that #78 team and truex himself

GamesToBet September 27, 2015, 08:54:19 PM (#5)

• View Profile

HScott Motorsports is expected to announce next weekend at Dover that Bowyer will pilot the No. 51 Chevrolet in 2016.

The announcement will come after Wednesday’s press conference, which will detail Bowyer’s eventual move to Stewart-Haas Racing Chevy in 2017.

Multiple sources have confirmed that Tony Stewart will be stepping out from the behind the wheel of the No. 14 at the conclusion of next season.

Reno Paul September 28, 2015, 03:50:18 PM (#6)

• View Profile
And will be aligning themselves with JGR

Can't get any better than that for that #78 team and truex himself

At least Truex will be driving a good rice burner.

fullofpace September 28, 2015, 09:48:37 PM (#7)

• View Profile
am i the only guy that thinks furniture row, with the alliance of jgr, hires erick jones?  what a setup,  two cars hit or miss for less then 7 races in 2016 keeps erics rookie of the year alive for 2017.  just sayn

Optional September 29, 2015, 01:51:53 AM (#8)

• View Profile
I was looking forward to the #51 team starting for a couple of years.

Shame it is still not Turner-Scott as that team showed it had what it takes to win I thought.

Great that they have a top line driver to build with at least.