News:

Keselowski wins Clash. Speedweeks continues at Daytona

Topic: F1 - Belgian GP  (Read 361 times)

Optional August 21, 2015, 03:22:03 AM

• View Profile
After the month long Summer break really looking forward to the Spa race.

Teams are not supposed to work and have all staff on holidays but there always seems to be changes anyway.

Ricciardo won last year and Vettel the year before in Red Bulls but historically, this has been a two team track, Ferrari and McLaren.

That being said, most expert previews you will read will mention this is an engine power and top speed track. which you would think should favor the Mercedes.

This could be anyone's race really.

Mercedes Lewis Hamilton's worst track statistically. One of Rosberg's best tracks and he took pole last year.

Ferrari Looking for Ferrari to really take it to Mercedes this weekend. Kimi has been re-signed for 2016 and he has won 4 times here before. Might be a good week to back Kimi  head to head v Vettel if they offer us huge odds again.

Red Bull  really tough to predict. This track is supposed to not suit Red Bull, which has always had a lack of top speed, but Ricciardo won last year and Vettel 2 of the 3 previous years. With Ricciardo trying o make 1 engine last the entire second half of the season (well at least 5 races) I think the team might dial his engine performance down... so this could be a Kyvatt week for the team H2H.  I don't think Red Bull should compete at the front here but I though the same thing last year and Ricciardo showed plenty of real pace to win. Watch during practice.

Williams had huge hopes at this track last year but kind of fizzled out. They ran pretty well, fighting with the pack for top 10 in race, but nothing worth following for this year.

Surprises to watch for

Honda have come with a heavily upgraded engine for McLaren and have publicly said they believe it will take the power output right up to Ferrari level.  Spa is really McLaren's best track and for decades only Ferrari had supplied any real competition for them at Spa (before red bull taking 3 of last 4).

I think Alonso and Button to qualify and finish top 10 are the best +odds bet for a top 10 this week

Belgium Grand Prix - Top 10 Finish
Fernando Alonso  +175
Jenson Button  +200

Force India debuted a great new chassis at Hungary but had nothing but reliability issues so it didnt show up there but they will be a competitor here and although I think Hulkenburg is best chance of the pair to crack a top 6, the odds on Perez make me pause and think about him too.

Belgium Grand Prix - Top 6 Finish
Nico Hulkenberg  +250
Sergio Perez  +550
Sauber is another lower ranked team we can expect a good showing from here. they ar bringing a raft of new parts, are gettign the upgraded Ferrari power plant that has shot the mother team into contention last 2 races plus their driver lineup is 100% set and the whole team is boyant and confident.

not certian how to bet them but if we get head to heads against the Torro Rosso pair these guys should be dogs and great value.

Fades... Torro Rosso. No matter how thy configure it the STR cars are expected to be either low downforce for straight line speed with terrible high speed cornering... or if the carry enough downforce to make them driveable in the fast corners then they will be too slow down the straights.

Honestly, Red Bull 'should' be a fade here every year too, for similar reasons to STR, but they keep winning somehow...

Lotus... buggered if  I know wtf is up with this team.  All first half of the season I have been waiting waiting for their resurgence. Great chassis, best engine, Grosjean one of the best drivers on teh grid. Anyway I call fade this week.  *danger* might be good to fade me on that one, given I cant seem to get my Lotus calls right his year.

Fastest Lap

Rosberg took fast lap last year and Vettel took it the year before. Bruno Senna in a Lotus was the last 'longshot' fast lap winner in 2012. it's usually one of the race faves that also takes fast lap.

I 'think' it will be between the Merc engine cars this year with Force India most likely to look to upset the factory team. But honestly I'd expect it to be rosberg or hamilton, whoeve it is that needs to push most after the final tire stop basically.

But will see what strategies look likely after quali that might lead to a longshot fast lap chance.

Formula 1   Belgium Grand Prix - Fastest lap
Fri 8/21  4:00AM

Merc teams in bold.... (not bets yet)

Lewis Hamilton     +120
Nico Rosberg     +250

Sebastian Vettel     +700
Kimi Raikkonen     +800
Felipe Massa     +3300
Valtteri Bottas     +3300

Daniel Ricciardo     +4000
Daniil Kvyat     +4000
Nico Hulkenberg     +10000
Carlos Sainz Jr     +12500
Sergio Perez     +12500
Romain Grosjean     +15000
Pastor Maldonado     +15000

Max Verstappen     +15000
Fernando Alonso     +20000
Jenson Button     +20000
Felipe Nasr     +50000
Marcus Ericsson     +50000
Roberto Merhi     +400000
Will Stevens     +400000

Practice 1 starts in 40 mins. Really looking forward to seeing how McLaren and Force India look in particular.

Optional August 21, 2015, 05:54:04 AM (#1)

• View Profile
Practice 1 results.

What we learned.

Mercedes looking very good and Rosberg sets the pace ahead of Hamilton, like last year in P1.

Red Bull much better in single lap speed than expected but ove race runs they had so much drag they were losing .5 sec to Merc in sector 1 alone then in sector 2 where the extra downforce should help, they lose even more ground. Think the leaderboard 'might' be flattering the so far. Watch close in P2.

Ferrari are also looking good and Kimi in particular looking great as hoped.

Everyone else is in a  race for 7th and back.

McLaren were AWFUL. Forget them.

Sauber did not live up to expectations and pit reporter said they still have not got the best version of the Ferrari engine. Their long run pac still looked good though and they may press for a top 10 still.

Force India looked steady and strong and working to plan. Still think they will be best of the rest when race runs.

Torro Rosso showed much better pace than I expected but still believe in race conditions  they will be swamped by the rest of the mid field teams.

Lotus all over the place.

Williams looking skittish and drivers do not sound happy so far. But they often look poor in P1

Practice 2 in about 2 hours

vegas native August 21, 2015, 10:07:46 AM (#2)

• View Profile
Thanks for doing the F1 write ups Opti. I literally have no idea who to bet until you do them haha.

Optional August 21, 2015, 07:12:30 PM (#3)

• View Profile
Was tired and went to bed early and have not watched practice 2 or even read about it as yet

Will catch up after Xfin race but here are P2 times

5mike5 August 21, 2015, 08:06:08 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry was a little late to stick to top only the page. Ur F1 threads always deserve to be there too with ours. Ur write ups, knowledge and hard work ate unparalleled in this F1 series and always has been.  I knoenIbandany others REALLY appreciate what undonotingor is who know NOTHing without ur advice and knowledge.  Win or lose I never regret following ur advice and nothing more important than when there  are no other major series races  otherwise on these rare weekends. 

Haven't checked if an Indy race but could care less about that series.  Odds usually terrible and not fun to watch but about 3-4 races at most all year.  I don't find F1 exciting either because no side by side racing much but they offer better things like fastest lap which makes it very fun and worth my bet weekly usually.   

And u have already made my F1 season with that HUGE underdog fastest lap winner like 5-6 weeks ago.

Even though I don't bet much still throw enough to make a fastest lap win a big win but only bet 2 plays max per race and are its a ace winner the fav wins so much

They ever offer open parlays on race winners I can't remember in my altered mind state right now  :lol

Optional August 21, 2015, 10:31:42 PM (#5)

• View Profile
Formula 1   Belgium Grand Prix - Pole Position Winner
Sat 8/22  5:00AM

Nico Rosberg     +200

5mike5 August 22, 2015, 05:34:12 AM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Formula 1   Belgium Grand Prix - Pole Position Winner
Sat 8/22  5:00AM

Nico Rosberg     +200

Can I parlay Rosenberg optional on raceday?

With h2hs?

Optional August 22, 2015, 06:07:01 AM (#7)

• View Profile
Yeah you can parlay head to heads on race day. Can't recall fr sure about race winners or anything else. think it might be just the h2hs

Optional August 22, 2015, 06:12:52 AM (#8)

• View Profile
P3 times

Nothing to change any previous opinion

Quali in an hour so so

5mike5 August 22, 2015, 06:19:56 AM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah you can parlay head to heads on race day. Can't recall fr sure about race winners or anything else. think it might be just the h2hs

Ok thanks buddy!

I'll check it comes on here at 7:30am so I can actually get up eat watch and go back to sleep. Neither no CUP race. Lol. 

I'll still check on winner parlays just in case but gonna try fastest lap for sure with 1-2 and OFcthey do let me play rosebuds with 1-2 h2hs probably if not just a fun h2h parlay for action and maybe try and win a few hundred profit.  Don't have the balls to bet big on it.  Especially with as much as I could lose (or win) tonight on cup race.   I go a little wild at Bristol risk wise and my damn h2h lost with Kyle wing and of course other h2h I picked won I just had on parlay.  Lol.   Tonight and morning will be FUN
Can't wait to see what u lay besides that winner.  Any +odds h2hs helpful u think have a 50/50 chance or so also but might just fail u who knows. Def tailing ur plays as I'd just be and playing longer odds with no knowledge besides the amazing write up u posted I can use that was amazing as usual by the way

:cheers

5mike5 August 22, 2015, 06:21:09 AM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh and any realistic chance of a kimi fastest lap late in the race maybe pitting late?

Optional August 22, 2015, 07:48:45 AM (#11)

• View Profile
I'd like to wait until after quali to make a call for fast lap or Kimi.

My Rosberg bet is for qualifying btw Mike.

have not made one race bet yet.

Optional August 22, 2015, 08:18:21 AM (#12)

• View Profile

rs1x August 22, 2015, 08:33:32 AM (#13)

• View Profile
Idk why but this thread gets me more excited than the cup race.

5mike5 August 22, 2015, 09:34:14 AM (#14)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'd like to wait until after quali to make a call for fast lap or Kimi.

My Rosberg bet is for qualifying btw Mike.

have not made one race bet yet.

Oh ok. Thank u optional.  Appreciate u telling me that

Too late to bet it?