News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: F1 - Hunarian GP  (Read 437 times)

Optional July 22, 2015, 02:42:46 PM

• View Profile
Not much to say yet.

This track is traditionally a McLaren stronghold. Also suits Red Bull in the past (although they dont seem to have the same fast corner advantage this year)

Lotus, Ferrari and Williams are also usually fighting for top 6 positions.

Rosberg does not have a great record on track so will stick with Lewis to beat him this week.

Force India worth keeping a close eye on during Friday practice as they had a new car for last race and the development curve could be fast for them since then.

Formula 1   Hungarian Grand Prix

Lewis Hamilton  -200
Nico Rosberg  +225
Sebastian Vettel  +1400
Kimi Raikkonen  +2500
Felipe Massa  +5000
Valtteri Bottas  +5000
Daniel Ricciardo  +20000
Daniil Kvyat  +20000
Carlos Sainz Jr  +30000
Max Verstappen  +30000
Romain Grosjean  +50000
Pastor Maldonado  +50000
Nico Hulkenberg  +50000
Sergio Perez  +50000
Fernando Alonso  +125000
Jenson Button  +125000
Felipe Nasr  +250000
Marcus Ericsson  +250000
Will Stevens  +500000
Roberto Merhi  +750000

Notice how Hamilton, Raikkonen and Ricciardo are the only leading drivers to finish better than they qualify here?  Supposed to be a drivers track where they can make more difference than most F1 circuits. Worth noting.

vegas native July 23, 2015, 10:08:18 PM (#1)

• View Profile
You're the man opti. I am going to follow your fastest lap bets this week. I do think I am going to bet rosberg though, I can't pull for Hamilton.

Optional July 24, 2015, 09:24:34 AM (#2)

• View Profile
Friday practice.

It's blistering hot in Hungary so that may have affected some cars, including the Mercedes who you might recall lost the race in Malaysia to Vettel due the heat there making their tyres not work properly.

It's going to be even hotter for Saturday practice/quali but will drop about 10 degrees C on Sunday for the race.

Beware following practice times too closely.

In Practice 1  Sergio Perez's Force India suffered a suspension collapse and rolled. Looks like both cars will be withdrawn until they determine if it is a design fault. Not running today at very least.

Practice 1 times

Practice 2 has been more of the same but with Hamilton way out in front followed by the two red bull cars and Rosberg.... everyone else is streets slower so far...

Optional July 24, 2015, 09:25:28 AM (#3)

• View Profile
BTW... Ricciardo blew up another engine in practice. Waiting to hear if this will cause him a grid penalty for engone swap or not.

Optional July 24, 2015, 09:34:25 AM (#4)

• View Profile
Practice 2

Optional July 24, 2015, 10:02:17 AM (#5)

• View Profile
On the long runs Ricciardo is thought to be consistently about 2/10ths faster on average than anyone else. Mercs included.

Williams look shit this week. Kind of as expected. But Bottas got a new trick front wing designed to change the car balance for this track. Does not appear to have helped much so far.

Massa using regular design wing as they didnt have time to make two. This should see his tyres wear out before Bottas so take Bottas in that head 2 head this week.

vegas native July 24, 2015, 10:28:11 AM (#6)

• View Profile
So if Ricciardo swaps engines and starts in the back is he worth betting to win the race or even to get fastest lap since he will probably pit out of sequence?

Optional July 24, 2015, 12:07:41 PM (#7)

• View Profile
So if Ricciardo swaps engines and starts in the back is he worth betting to win the race or even to get fastest lap since he will probably pit out of sequence?

He doesn't have to take a penalty. He still has one good engine left. The one he used first time last race.

Team says they are going to try to run this single engine in all sessions through to Sochi and then take a penalty and an upgraded renault engine. Chances are low as that is 5 races after this. And the next two races are Spa and Monza which are pretty much the hardest circuits on engines we go to. Most teams use a different engine for each one normally.  Plus normally they use an older engine for practice sessions but will have to use the race engine for everything.

If he somehow gets through Monza without blowing up we should remember to fade him in head to heads and maybe back him for fist retirement in Singapore. Actually we probably should take him for first retirement at Monza if he gets through this race and Spa.

Optional July 24, 2015, 12:10:37 PM (#8)

• View Profile
And yeah. Starting in or out of sequence Ricciardo and Kyvatt are contenders for fastest lap.

If you see the Lotus pair at 150/1 or better they might be worth grabbing for fast lap now too. I suspect they will look better on Race day when the temp is a lot lower.

5mike5 July 24, 2015, 12:19:59 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Think in gonna toss out some fast lap bets as well this week

Optional July 24, 2015, 12:34:40 PM (#10)

• View Profile
Might be a good week for a longshot fast lap bet. Field is going to be mixed up compared to last few races.

Just wish it was going to stay stinking hot to slow the Mercs down on Sunday!

5mike5 July 24, 2015, 12:49:06 PM (#11)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll listen to what u say about longshots for sure and maybe Mimi or somethingkxed ok there.   I don't know these guys so I'll have to lean on u for he best chance at the longshots

Optional July 24, 2015, 12:52:52 PM (#12)

• View Profile
I'll listen to what u say about longshots for sure and maybe Mimi or somethingkxed ok there.   I don't know these guys so I'll have to lean on u for he best chance at the longshots

Grab Kimi when you see good odds.  Double figures will be good for him I think. He's good here. And as I mention regularly, Kimi bloody loves to snag fastest lap.

5mike5 July 24, 2015, 01:43:48 PM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Grab Kimi when you see good odds.  Double figures will be good for him I think. He's good here. And as I mention regularly, Kimi bloody loves to snag fastest lap.

Thank u I'll
Bet as soon as I see him.  If he's near double-digit odds. 

Thanks as always F1 guru

:cheers

5mike5 July 24, 2015, 03:02:01 PM (#14)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
stickied to the top of the page so we can all find it easy and quick with the other major racing leagues