News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: Drivers to Fade Following Charlotte (Editorial)  (Read 244 times)

nascarwagers May 25, 2015, 08:05:17 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Posted a few drivers that have been seriously struggling in recent weeks. Feel free to add your thoughts, reasons, or other drivers that seem to be struggling as well.

Driver to Fade Following Charlotte

DerekG May 25, 2015, 09:28:53 PM (#1)

• View Profile
Great analysis and insights as always.  Good call on Stenhouse, how many people have been making money on Danica>Ricky H2Hs so far???

I wouldn't say "fade him" but something has been up with Hamlin the past few weeks making me cool my opinions on him. Nagging health issues, calling for cautions and the NASCAR trouble it causes him, substitute drivers.  All making me question his stability.

A second one I would offer up would be more of a situation where I wouldn't get too carried away with one good showing and that's Greg Biffle. He has been far off his usual marks, he is not the face of his team he was supposed to be and twice this year I have heard in-car audio where he has flat out quit on his team.

Trident May 25, 2015, 09:54:46 PM (#2)

• View Profile
NASCAR for years has been known for what they call the sophomore slump and so far this year Larson is another in a long line of ROY drivers to have problems after winning the ROY award, you have to go back to 2006 winner Denny Hamlin to find one ROY that panned out. Logano won in 2009 but he didn't do a thing after he won till he got away from Gibbs.

nascarwagers May 25, 2015, 11:18:55 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great analysis and insights as always.  Good call on Stenhouse, how many people have been making money on Danica>Ricky H2Hs so far???

I wouldn't say "fade him" but something has been up with Hamlin the past few weeks making me cool my opinions on him. Nagging health issues, calling for cautions and the NASCAR trouble it causes him, substitute drivers.  All making me question his stability.

A second one I would offer up would be more of a situation where I wouldn't get too carried away with one good showing and that's Greg Biffle. He has been far off his usual marks, he is not the face of his team he was supposed to be and twice this year I have heard in-car audio where he has flat out quit on his team.

Definitely agree with Biffle. They lucked up last week with the gas mileage but they are still way off like the rest of Roush Fenway.

nascarwagers May 25, 2015, 11:20:26 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NASCAR for years has been known for what they call the sophomore slump and so far this year Larson is another in a long line of ROY drivers to have problems after winning the ROY award, you have to go back to 2006 winner Denny Hamlin to find one ROY that panned out. Logano won in 2009 but he didn't do a thing after he won till he got away from Gibbs.

I did not realize it was that bad after winning the ROY but after you pointed it out; I went back and looked to see drivers following a ROY campaign have done flat awful for nearly a decade. Good points as always bud

Stats1 May 25, 2015, 11:34:47 PM (#5)

• View Profile
have had debate about fading or not fading Stewart on here b4 they r matching him up with trash drivers each week take the 600 for example he went 2-2 n match ups -115 over david Ragan, +160 over Larson, +150 over Bowyer lost by 1 spot and he was +150 or +160 over Newman lost..   usually every week he is against Bowyer,Larson, and Biffle and then sometimes Newman, D.Ragan or Mcmurray... as u stated bowyer and Larson have been fade and prior to last night Biffle had been running just as bad as Stewart..       Gordon has been good  fade material this year in match ups..
good right up  :cheers

Vegas May 30, 2015, 02:54:26 PM (#6)

I did not realize it was that bad after winning the ROY but after you pointed it out; I went back and looked to see drivers following a ROY campaign have done flat awful for nearly a decade. Good points as always bud

Think Newman was last driver to have a good year after winning ROY , at least without looking I think so

Stats1 June 01, 2015, 05:44:33 PM (#7)

• View Profile
I would say 2 of these guys ran like shit Yest.  And the other 2 probably had there best runs of the year  :thumpup

Reno Paul June 01, 2015, 10:26:36 PM (#8)

• View Profile
I hate to say this, but Jeff Gordon looks just to be in it for the ride in his last season.

Stats1 June 01, 2015, 11:59:43 PM (#9)

• View Profile
I hate to say this, but Jeff Gordon looks just to be in it for the ride in his last season.
as I said in post 5 He has been great fade material  :cheers.      I did play him this past week against Jr. but that was cause Jr. was starting last and I knew if we got a long green flag run to start the race Jr would go a lap down...

nascarwagers June 02, 2015, 02:26:49 AM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
as I said in post 5 He has been great fade material  :cheers.      I did play him this past week against Jr. but that was cause Jr. was starting last and I knew if we got a long green flag run to start the race Jr would go a lap down...

I played him in 2 H2H's last week but that was more based off his recent history of top 5's at Dover than anything. Luckily he won both (only beat Logano by 1 spot). However, I do agree with both of you. I think he is fade material for the most part. #24 team is struggling especially on the 1.5 mile tracks and they have not shown any of the speed that they had last season.

Optional June 03, 2015, 06:59:12 PM (#11)

• View Profile

I've thought he has been going through the motions for a few years personally.

Think he has picked the right time to retire.

5mike5 June 03, 2015, 08:25:23 PM (#12)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I've thought he has been going through the motions for a few years personally.

Think he has picked the right time to retire.

Tony Stewart should take notes on when to hang it up

Optional June 04, 2015, 02:03:05 PM (#13)

• View Profile
I suspect Tony would like to go out on a bit better high than this if possible. I think he will battle on for a while yet if not successful again. He's more of a grease n dirt racer than Gordon too.

Was the perfect time for JG, after having such a good year in 2014.