News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: INDIANAPOLIS 500--5mike5  (Read 603 times)

5mike5 May 23, 2015, 04:27:22 PM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
this is 1 of the VERY FEW races in the INDY series i bet all year and not that big as i know next to nothing about the series or how cars/driver s are doing this year....

sure ill take JPM just because its INDY 500 and 1 other and maybe open h2h parlay maybe

just gotta have some action on this race do not we all?   i always try to anyways 

early in the day and maybe make some $ or open parlays for the 600 just as good for me imo....

who u INDY handicapping guys like or think has any value for tomorrow....

i def wont be HAMMERING any favs not gonna rik too much with the coke 600 right after thats for SURE

and need 1-2 LONGSHOTS (15-1 or worse) to maybe play as well....but im not sure at +1500 who has best chance to win out of that group and worse odds

nd opinions and help appreciated

5mike5 May 23, 2015, 04:28:01 PM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
and since it is the Indianpolis 500, im sure they will have 4-5 drivers to win for Parlayables

i thought they offered 1-2 a week anyways if i remember from the 3-4 tims ive bet the series last few years but not 100% by any means

if any1 knows for sure let me know please and thank you

nascarwagers May 23, 2015, 05:05:02 PM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I hope I am wrong but I feel like someone is going to get seriously injured or killed. Awful wrecks all week. The changes they are making to the side skirts on these cars are turning them into air planes.

5mike5 May 23, 2015, 05:10:06 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I hope I am wrong but I feel like someone is going to get seriously injured or killed. Awful wrecks all week. The changes they are making to the side skirts on these cars are turning them into air planes.

yeah i havent wtched all the over blown coverage its had for a freaking month, but i saw 2-3 wrecks that could have easily killed the driver

hope for all their safety above all else

dont wanna another WELDON incident....

5mike5 May 23, 2015, 06:05:57 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
i took some on MONTOYA @ +850

until some guys give me any logshots that have a chance at 15- or below just holding off til parlayables with race winners open

Optional May 23, 2015, 07:06:56 PM (#5)

• View Profile

I'm surprised with 4 turning over they are not talking about the issue more.

5mike5 May 23, 2015, 07:30:52 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I'm surprised with 4 turning over they are not talking about the issue more.

i totally agree @Optional

Trident May 23, 2015, 09:43:29 PM (#7)

• View Profile
I wanted to stop by and give you guys my opinion and picks for the 500. I knew this year would be a struggle to handicap with the new car and so far I haven't been to able to get a feel for the new car, I'm not the only one who has problems trying to figure this car out. I have done horrible with win bets but matchups have been very good so far.

INDY really screwed up letting teams play with the aero package I think, in years past they had one body, one chassis which put all of the teams on a level playing field unlike like this year were it's a free for all almost. Because of all the problems with cars going airborne leading up to qualifying they made them qualify in race trim so much of qualifying can be thrown out the window I think.

The races here come down to two things, track position and fuel mileage, while Chevy has shown the most speed the Honda's get the best mileage which I really think will be the key to this race since better gas mileage will enable the Honda's to gain track position on long runs which you see here all the time, tires don't fall off here like NASCAR so they won't lose much speed staying out a few more laps while the Chevy's have to pit. All my early bets were on Honda's and while they have looked horrible speed wise I think they will have a good day due to it's fuel mileage advantage.

In every practice two teams have been heads and shoulders above the rest of the field except for a few drivers. Penske which consists of Power, Pagenaud, Montoya and Castroneves, Ganassi which consists of Dixon, Kanaan, Karam, Kimball and Saavedra are the drivers to beat.

Of the Penske drivers Power and Pagenaud have shown the most speed but neither driver is known as a good oval driver, Montoya has tons of experience here but has struggled all year with the new car, if I had to pick one of the Penske drivers to win it would be Castroneves.

Of the Ganassi drivers Dixon, Kanaan and Karam have been just as good if not better than any one of the Penske drivers. Dixon is the driver who has impressed me the most of any driver, he has either been on the top or near the top in every practice session. The one driver who has really impressed me is Karam who has turned in some amazing non tow runs, I think he is the longshot price of the race if you can get him at the right price.

Of the Andretti drivers only Munoz who was my best bet before practice started and Andretti have shown anything that could threaten the top two teams, Wilson has shown some speed but not consistently, Hunter-Reay has been disappointing and Silvestro would be a shock if she won.

My early bets were Carlos Munoz +2300, Ryan Hunter Reay +1450 and split a bet with Marco Andretti +1000 & Ed Carpenter +1100. I added a bet on Sage Karam +5000 and a small bet on JR Hildebrand 33/1. Karam has taken a lot of late money but I wouldn't bet him below +2000, if you look around you can get him at +4000 at Bookmaker/BetDSI, Intertops has him at +5000 and if you have access to TheGreek they have him at +5000. I'm sure some of the smaller Books have him better than +2000. I always bet early as many of you know and the only bets I feel good about are Munoz and the one I like the most right now is Karam but at the right price.

Anyone looking for a price I think Rahal is worth a shot at +4000 or more, he has been the only Honda to show anything so far this year but for some reason he hasn't shown much in any of the practices for this race.

If I had to bet one of the favorites right now it would be Dixon followed by Kanaan, if 5Crimes lets you parlay them I would think that's the way to go.

I only played one matchup so far Dixon -115/Power, if you can find a matchup with any Ganassi/Penske driver against any driver from another team I think it's play as long as the juice isn't to much. If I play any tomorrow I will post them in this thread.

Just so you guys know I didn't quit posting because of anyone here, between work, family business, home and health I became burned out and just needed to step away and get things in order. I have been putting off surgery on my neck and spine for years but I can't any longer so I'm having surgery this summer on both, maybe after some downtime from everything I think I'll be back to posting like I use to.

As bad as this year has been with INDY cars if anyone want's to know who I play each week I have been posting my plays on Twitter, my handle is @NascarBettor

Go Ducks

rs1x May 23, 2015, 10:07:23 PM (#8)

• View Profile
I wanted to stop by and give you guys my opinion and picks for the 500. I knew this year would be a struggle to handicap with the new car and so far I haven't been to able to get a feel for the new car, I'm not the only one who has problems trying to figure this car out. I have done horrible with win bets but matchups have been very good so far.

INDY really screwed up letting teams play with the aero package I think, in years past they had one body, one chassis which put all of the teams on a level playing field unlike like this year were it's a free for all almost. Because of all the problems with cars going airborne leading up to qualifying they made them qualify in race trim so much of qualifying can be thrown out the window I think.

The races here come down to two things, track position and fuel mileage, while Chevy has shown the most speed the Honda's get the best mileage which I really think will be the key to this race since better gas mileage will enable the Honda's to gain track position on long runs which you see here all the time, tires don't fall off here like NASCAR so they won't lose much speed staying out a few more laps while the Chevy's have to pit. All my early bets were on Honda's and while they have looked horrible speed wise I think they will have a good day due to it's fuel mileage advantage.

In every practice two teams have been heads and shoulders above the rest of the field except for a few drivers. Penske which consists of Power, Pagenaud, Montoya and Castroneves, Ganassi which consists of Dixon, Kanaan, Karam, Kimball and Saavedra are the drivers to beat.

Of the Penske drivers Power and Pagenaud have shown the most speed but neither driver is known as a good oval driver, Montoya has tons of experience here but has struggled all year with the new car, if I had to pick one of the Penske drivers to win it would be Castroneves.

Of the Ganassi drivers Dixon, Kanaan and Karam have been just as good if not better than any one of the Penske drivers. Dixon is the driver who has impressed me the most of any driver, he has either been on the top or near the top in every practice session. The one driver who has really impressed me is Karam who has turned in some amazing non tow runs, I think he is the longshot price of the race if you can get him at the right price.

Of the Andretti drivers only Munoz who was my best bet before practice started and Andretti have shown anything that could threaten the top two teams, Wilson has shown some speed but not consistently, Hunter-Reay has been disappointing and Silvestro would be a shock if she won.

My early bets were Carlos Munoz +2300, Ryan Hunter Reay +1450 and split a bet with Marco Andretti +1000 & Ed Carpenter +1100. I added a bet on Sage Karam +5000 and a small bet on JR Hildebrand 33/1. Karam has taken a lot of late money but I wouldn't bet him below +2000, if you look around you can get him at +4000 at Bookmaker/BetDSI, Intertops has him at +5000 and if you have access to TheGreek they have him at +5000. I'm sure some of the smaller Books have him better than +2000. I always bet early as many of you know and the only bets I feel good about are Munoz and the one I like the most right now is Karam but at the right price.

Anyone looking for a price I think Rahal is worth a shot at +4000 or more, he has been the only Honda to show anything so far this year but for some reason he hasn't shown much in any of the practices for this race.

If I had to bet one of the favorites right now it would be Dixon followed by Kanaan, if 5Crimes lets you parlay them I would think that's the way to go.

I only played one matchup so far Dixon -115/Power, if you can find a matchup with any Ganassi/Penske driver against any driver from another team I think it's play as long as the juice isn't to much. If I play any tomorrow I will post them in this thread.

Just so you guys know I didn't quit posting because of anyone here, between work, family business, home and health I became burned out and just needed to step away and get things in order. I have been putting off surgery on my neck and spine for years but I can't any longer so I'm having surgery this summer on both, maybe after some downtime from everything I think I'll be back to posting like I use to.

As bad as this year has been with INDY cars if anyone want's to know who I play each week I have been posting my plays on Twitter, my handle is @NascarBettor

Go Ducks

Glad you stopped by!  I've been following you on twit since last year.  I'm on ducks in reg +200 so lets go!

nascarwagers May 23, 2015, 10:28:29 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Go Ducks

Good to see you @Trident Always value your insight  :cheers

Optional May 24, 2015, 01:59:29 AM (#10)

• View Profile
Good to see you Trident.

Great info. Like the Honda fuel milage angle although it sounds like you are struck trying to find the right Honda.

Would I be wasting time having a bet on Briscoe?

Optional May 24, 2015, 02:00:45 AM (#11)

• View Profile
Or the other Aussie subbing in for the race, James Davison?

5mike5 May 24, 2015, 04:32:03 AM (#12)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@Trident t GREAT to see u again my friend!!!!

Glad u and ur family are ok besides ur back man.  Hope your surgery goes well.  Guessing ur having disc removed or a fusion.  I PM'd u many times in the days since u left just glad all is ok or as ok as they can be for u bud.   Been worried about Ya.   

Please stop back by we need u bud!!!!

:cheers

Trident May 24, 2015, 06:59:34 AM (#13)

• View Profile
Good to see you Trident.

Great info. Like the Honda fuel milage angle although it sounds like you are struck trying to find the right Honda.

Would I be wasting time having a bet on Briscoe?

You are right about picking the right Honda, if you do play one but one thing is you will be getting a good price on all of them.

You remember how much we made with my man Briscoe last year in matchups  :) As much as I like him as a great driver he just doesn't have enough seat time with this new car, I think they gave him 30 minutes of practice but he was out there by himself and he was in and out of the pits adjusting the car, I could see him a matchup but just don't see him winning today.

Trident May 24, 2015, 07:07:43 AM (#14)

• View Profile
@Trident t GREAT to see u again my friend!!!!

Glad u and ur family are ok besides ur back man.  Hope your surgery goes well.  Guessing ur having disc removed or a fusion.  I PM'd u many times in the days since u left just glad all is ok or as ok as they can be for u bud.   Been worried about Ya.   

Please stop back by we need u bud!!!!

:cheers

Thanks Mike, yeah I am having part of my spine fused and having a disc fixed, the pain has been manageable in the past but it has gotten to the point where I can't function at times like this morning where I'm up at 3:30 because I can't sleep because of my back. :(