News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: 2015 NASCAR Team Rankings (Editorial)  (Read 264 times)

nascarwagers April 01, 2015, 02:54:28 AM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just a little read for everyone  :cheers

2015 NASCAR Team Rankings

Vegas April 01, 2015, 04:16:26 PM (#1)

Agree all the way, Though Truex in essence an RCR car. Call it a tie with JGR  :cheers

Optional April 02, 2015, 12:56:03 AM (#2)

• View Profile
RCR has to be about the most improved team of the year so far.

I want to know why Roush is so bad

5mike5 April 03, 2015, 07:14:35 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 Only explanation is they aren't investing in R&Dike they should.  He isn't giving them the $$$ they need nor the best and newest equipment.   And I don't see it changing with this new engine package and car

Vegas April 04, 2015, 12:25:53 AM (#4)

Only explanation is they aren't investing in R&Dike they should.  He isn't giving them the $$$ they need nor the best and newest equipment.   And I don't see it changing with this new engine package and car

Plus drivers they have other than Biffle. Ricky and Bayne mid pack drivers for most part

5mike5 April 04, 2015, 01:47:40 AM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Plus drivers they have other than Biffle. Ricky and Bayne mid pack drivers for most part

Maybe even lower. Than  mid-pack drivers at this point.   Ur right probably a combination of both.  But buffer I thought should have a few years left that's why i think R&D dept is the main reason but the drivers they have are for sure the worst among all big teams by far imo. Almost like he knew what he was doing hiring them. Stenhouse just never impressed me at all really ( had a great team)  and at least won champ and races in nationwide but no cup driver and baybe  needed to be a nationwide driver for many many more years and maybe NEVER be a cup driver. He couldn't even win a race in that series much less move up to the CUP series.

Jack just doesn't want to spend the money on anything anymore imo

Vegas April 04, 2015, 01:12:56 PM (#6)

I do agree Roush is probably behind on R&D side, even more so than the Petty teams in my opinion.

Think it has to do with losing sponsors and top tier drivers. Have to wonder does Edwards leave Roush if he beats Stewart for title a few years ago. But after losing that and seeing Kenseth leave and win 8 races with JGR, had to know he was gone

5mike5 April 04, 2015, 02:42:26 PM (#7)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I do agree Roush is probably behind on R&D side, even more so than the Petty teams in my opinion.

Think it has to do with losing sponsors and top tier drivers. Have to wonder does Edwards leave Roush if he beats Stewart for title a few years ago. But after losing that and seeing Kenseth leave and win 8 races with JGR, had to know he was gone

Yeah I totally agree Vegas good points.

And I have wondered about Edwards too. I think he saw the writing on the wall but winning the cup title would have been interesting to see of it made his decision different but he may have seen the writing on the wall

But imo, bayne AND Stenhouse will be complete failures in the cup series.  It's not that I don't think Stenhouse has some talent but in this position he's in a no win situation in rousch equipment.   Bayne on the other hand I just don't think he's a CUP series driver on a top 5-6 team.   Just my opinion on him and I hope it turns around but just don't see it. 

Just ask yourself had T.Baybe  NOT won that Daytona 500 a few years ago would  he have even got  these opportunities?   ESPECIALLY where he is now?   My answer would be hell no but just my thoughts on his situations

Vegas April 04, 2015, 02:54:37 PM (#8)

Agree Bayne parlayed that 500 win into a ride. Gotta wonder if Biffle regrets re-signing with Roush

Optional April 04, 2015, 03:43:27 PM (#9)

• View Profile
Pretty easy 4 or 5 million of a job for Biffle there. No pressure from team mates or on him due to the equipment. A think a few of these 'racers' would love that cushy slot.

Vegas April 04, 2015, 04:08:39 PM (#10)

Pretty easy 4 or 5 million of a job for Biffle there. No pressure from team mates or on him due to the equipment. A think a few of these 'racers' would love that cushy slot.

I think he could get that same money elsewhere or at least close

Not sure the not having pressure from teammates is a good thing IMO

5mike5 April 04, 2015, 05:33:01 PM (#11)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If I was in position to hire a driver I want that driver hungry as hell to win and throw a fit if the equipment was in did not even give me the chance.  These guys are Rich  enough surely guys like biffle want to win races and might even take less to actually be competitive

Optional April 04, 2015, 05:53:58 PM (#12)

• View Profile

I think he could get that same money elsewhere or at least close

Not sure the not having pressure from teammates is a good thing IMO

Bad for a racer for sure. Middle aged married blokes like Biffle probbaly dont mind is all. And I wish they would not be out there like that.

Vegas April 04, 2015, 06:15:10 PM (#13)

Just realized MWR did not make Jays list. Who is in worse shape Waltrip or Roush?

5mike5 April 05, 2015, 03:35:22 AM (#14)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just realized MWR did not make Jays list. Who is in worse shape Waltrip or Roush?

That's close. Lol