News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: Daytona 500 Odds Preview  (Read 323 times)

nascarwagers February 03, 2015, 01:54:41 AM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Daytona 500 odds are out at 5Dimes. It is getting that time boys!! Less than two weeks away from the Sprint Unlimited and the start of Speedweeks leading up to the 57th running of the Daytona 500.  :cheers

Early Daytona 500 Odds Preview

5mike5 February 03, 2015, 08:47:07 AM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 :dancer  :dancer  :dancer

Nice preview bud. Thanks

I'm so fired up now it's unbearable

Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

5mike5 February 03, 2015, 08:49:17 AM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BUdshootout is only 11 freaking days away!!!!

I can't believev its almost here!!!! 

ALOT of hard work ahead but so are those big paycheck guys!!!!

GP February 03, 2015, 03:40:41 PM (#3)

• View Profile
Cool!  Will you be emailing the weekly Newsletter out again this year?

5mike5 February 03, 2015, 05:15:06 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Some Underdogs will get sooooooi muchbetter closer to the race imo.  Especially when they post weekly drivers odds also. Which is every year which is no big surprise. 

Opposite for the favs like Dale jr he will be 7-8 to 1 like always by Racetime.

nascarwagers February 03, 2015, 10:24:05 PM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cool!  Will you be emailing the weekly Newsletter out again this year?

Have not decided yet. May be doing something a bit more unique  :cheers

Will let everyone know in the next few days

5mike5 February 04, 2015, 11:40:59 AM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
More than anything odds and number of drivers are just ir more important than the actual seivers imo which is the strategy I use.  Even rhough  I usually use about he same roster give iot take a few I usually always take undersogs and guys in the teens. I'll never take a single digits sriver in a plate race is my biggest rule.

Guys like ragan  ( and gilliland isn't listed yet and those 2 are almost ALWAYS in the mix in last 10 laps at playe races) who I always take and already going up now 70-1 and should get better than what he opened @ 66-1 monday iwasnt good enough to take eaely. Especially with ALOT of driers to still be listed.

But my main focus is the shootout and the Gatorade duels but  I've taking  a bets few 500 already.  I think the best "playe" drivers right at this moments odds with good value is bowyer (even though he's MUCH better at TALLADEGA like Harcick is). 

And I uually ALWAYS take jamie MAC (he's 1 of the best plate driers of anybody imo) but I think his odds will sef be better than 22-1 at opwners.  He should be 25-1 and I would put some on him and wait and add more later.

Just a few thoughts early. I'm not jumping on many til more are listed after the duels and shootout inflate the odds of whoever wins those races which are meaningless  imo for the 500.

Just a few of my early thoughts on opwnes and the 400 startegy which arely wvwr changes for me with my success at olayw races over past 5 years. Sonr broke don't fix as in any other track im alway open to changes or U won't keep winning year after year.

Be interesting to see who's got what. 

5mike5 February 04, 2015, 11:53:43 AM (#7)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Id we can make it even breaking even ir better with some profit throught the first 6 weeks of the season it's a HUUUGE victory with the rule changes some teams that I think are gonna be really really improved, including LARSON who would be nice to win while he's still in the 20-1 odds probably most weeks b4 meaningless sessions start.   :wacko But we shall see. I think he wins MULTIPLE races this season actually.

As we all know the Start 5-6 weeks of the season are ALWAYS the toughest to guage  and make that $$$.and gonna have to be on our A game in prep workand really paying attenrion to even the little things that mean nothing later in the season.  Even sessions are worth a look even for me early not that they make my bets by any means.  PAST TRACK HISTORY IS ALWAYS #1 criteria (imho). But. We need every advantage in this game boys. 

But in so ready to go im about to explode.

:crash

5mike5 February 04, 2015, 11:57:37 AM (#8)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Also saw we are already having several new members join up the weeks b4 anythig even starts and would like to say WELCOME TTHE FAMILY.  Always feel feel free to express opinions and picks and insights.  We all never agree all the time but that is why this group is successful.  Without these other guys I wouldn't be where I am today that's a fact. 

if any of the new members have any questions or suggestions/comments  have any questions at all just ask me or jay (nascarwagers screen name) (5mike5 is mine). Or any of us for that matter because we don't allow trash iot trolling kiddies on our website they are always quixkly removed
And U can always PM us (any of the most active members)

Always Glad to have fresh meat rolling in  this early

Hope to see U participating  and again welcome to the best handicapping NASCAR aite there is!!!

:cheers

5mike5 February 04, 2015, 12:12:02 PM (#9)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Also for all the nes posted and members  that have already started showing up and will over the next month or 2 mostly akir of us are also on Twitter, BUT not giving anything  our pick wise  that isn't here 1st just discussing shot with others. Maybewe can get a list of handles b4 the years starts. Most posts are just botching if we lose anyways.  :lol

Mine is @Nascar5mike5

5mike5 February 05, 2015, 10:06:14 AM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
^^^^^^^^i Think I had a little buzz going last night since I seemed to be just slightly more chatty than usual

:haha

Optional February 05, 2015, 02:27:48 PM (#11)

• View Profile
 :haha

yisman February 08, 2015, 06:26:34 PM (#12)

• View Profile
Just scanning it, I found some typos.

"Outside of some of your normal top guys, a few guys that have peaked out curiosity are Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards. Stewart's 2014 season was the worse of his career "

Should be "piqued our" and "worst".

5mike5 February 08, 2015, 10:20:42 PM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Stewart  is having a 4th surgery on his bas leg

I'm not sure if it has been yet or not   But I'm guessin it was im the offseason

yisman February 09, 2015, 11:53:26 AM (#14)

• View Profile
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/tony-stewart-i-may-never-race-a-sprint-car-again-020415

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2015-02-05/tony-stewart-return-2015-season-broken-leg-kevin-ward-accident-death-crew-chief-chad-johnston

Two articles saying different things.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tony-stewart-returns-swagger-not-seen-2-years-222954228--nascar.html

Two weeks later, Stewart was back in the hospital for a fourth surgery on the right leg he broke in an August 2013 sprint car crash in Iowa. The damage from the injury has lingered, but he said the last procedure has him almost healed. He will have one more surgery at the end of 2015 to remove the titanium rod in his leg.

''Most of the pain is gone and I am walking better than I have since I had the accident,'' Stewart said. ''Trust me, I can promise you, I am way healed up for what I need to do this year and it's not going to be a factor in any race this season.''

After the season, so it doesn't interfere with his racing schedule.