News:

Hamlin scores first JGR win at Loudon! Up next: Trucks at Eldora and Cup/Xfinity at the Brickyard

Topic: Kahne signs extension through 2018.  (Read 128 times)

nascarwagers November 20, 2014, 11:01:24 AM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Let the Chase Elliot speculation begin...

Kahne signs extension

5mike5 November 20, 2014, 02:32:57 PM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jeff Gordon is NOT riding off into the sunset in the next few years.  And Chase elliot isn't waiting 2-3 more years to hit the CUP series. With Kahne signing I have no idea what the plan Rick hendriick thinks he has but letting the best young talent in the sport wait on the sidelines is risky business. (I don't know anything about how the NASCAR contracts work or what elliot is under contract wise) I mean for gods sake the kid won the nationwide title in his rookie year!!! 

U never hear about the $$$ drivers make.  Besides salary im sure they get bonuses for wins and chanpinships and a % of the prize money. I've always wondered how they work all that stuff

5mike5 November 20, 2014, 07:52:44 PM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kenny Francis is also being replaced as kasey kahne's crew chief.  KAHNE and Francis have been together since I can remember. Maybe kahnes whole damn career basically in the CUP series.  I agree with this move, he needs a change he has never reached his full potential the last few years imo

Optional November 25, 2014, 04:42:11 AM (#3)

• View Profile
Kahne has been sad and useless since the Hendrick switch. He was more exciting and I think even more competitive during that year at MWR before it.

It has to be about sponsors that like him I reckon.

I think Chase Elliot is pretty good but from what I know he has skated through lower level series on his family money and influence and has never been a serious competitor at any level before hitting Nationwide.  Both the Dillon's records make them look a LOT more deserving of an early Cup chance than him imho.

I do hope he does well, like Awesome Bill and the next generations wanting to race too, but my gut tells me he will struggle a lot more than Austin Dillon has if thrown into Cup next year. And Chase doesn't have the flair or driving balls of someone like Larson to make up for it.

5mike5 November 25, 2014, 09:04:53 AM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
LARSON really does have it all doesn't he.  He's a CUP champion on the making.  Especially when he leaves CGR when his contract is over which I suspect he will een though they made HUGR strides in speed this year but still zero wins and that's all that matters

I have more faith in chase than U do actually. He may have skated early which most do just like BOTH DILLONl and TY isn't even that good imo, without grand daddy they might not have made it anywhere even though Austin dillon does have a lot of talent and had a pretty solid rookie year just had to go against a much better KYLE Larson. 

Xhase winnIng the nationwode title (low competition though I'll give u that) as a rookie which had never even been done b4 was nothing short of amazing.  Kid had never even run at most of the racetracks b4 and won races on those exact tracks!

5mike5 November 25, 2014, 09:09:47 AM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I totally agree about kahne and the whole point U made.  He has been absolutely USELESS since coming to HMS.  They should have brought the kid up after 1 more year in nationwide or now if kahne xo twxt was up after 2014 ended which I didn't look if it was ir not.  I don't see the other 3 leaving in time to chase elliot in a hms CUP car b4 he jumps ship.  Just hope he goes to a top team and only 3 of those imo at the moment HMS, JGR, and SHR.  And not sure who is leaving any of those 3 organizations anytime soon unless it's danixa and she brings so much $$$ can't see her either.  She actually looked 10x better this year than her room or season imo.  Nothing amazing but ALOT better

nascarwagers November 25, 2014, 07:28:49 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Huge differences in Chase and Larson's driving style and it is a product of their past. Chase has driven mostly asphalt his entire career through late models and into stock cars. Larson grew up driving driving everything on dirt. He was sensational in sprint cars at a very early age. I remember in the beginning days of RFactor when we use to talk, he was 15 and already well known for his Sprint Car skills. Long story short, is that Larson has driven several types of cars before he made a rather quick jump to asphalt. That style of wide open, throttle control is why he has been able to make such a quick adjustment rather than guys that try to come up through asphalt. (Another reason I personally love dirt racing so much). Anyways, I say that to say this. Larson is more suited for quick success at the Sprint Cup level whereas I believe it could take Chase more time to adapt. However in the long run, I do think Chase will have more success and I believe he is going to be one of the greats. I personally just think it will take him a bit longer to adapt to the Sprint Cup scene as opposed to Larson based primarily on their driving styles/experience.

Chicago Joe November 28, 2014, 06:47:26 AM (#7)

• View Profile
With the 5 car heading in the wrong direction over the past few seasons, Kahne‚Äôs days looked numbered at Hendrick Motorsports, so it was surprising to hear about his contract extension.  Now, Kahne has to be considered a serious Chase contender for 2015.

"It's extremely gratifying to work with a driver like Kasey," said team owner Rick Hendrick. "I think the world of him both as a driver with championship-level talent and an overall terrific young man. Our whole organization has a great deal of respect for how hard he works, the professionalism he displays with our partners and the way he carries himself every day. We're committed to winning races and competing for titles with him for many years to come."

After a successful season with Jamie McMurray, former Hendrick engineer, Keith Rodden should bring the 5 car back to the same level with teammates.

Looking back to last year could add value to Kahne early in the 2015 season.
 :$$$