News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: PHOENIX--5mike5  (Read 842 times)

5mike5 November 04, 2014, 08:09:18 AM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alright fellas with the season winding down we are off to phoenix this week to find out the 4 drivers going to homestead next weekend to win the championship

We also have all. 3 series in action this weekend all @ Phoenix stRtin Friday night wih the truck race. Jay has just been on fire in trucks btw.

Goodluck this weekend fellas!!!!

:cheers

5mike5 November 04, 2014, 03:26:07 PM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well opwners weren't amazing or anything but a few weren't sooooo bad

Optional November 04, 2014, 06:12:45 PM (#2)

• View Profile
May not be around much this week. Dad is expected to pass away any time and I am spending just about all my time with him until he is gone.

nascarwagers November 04, 2014, 09:26:31 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
May not be around much this week. Dad is expected to pass away any time and I am spending just about all my time with him until he is gone.

Damn @Optional sorry to hear that bud. I lost my dad a year ago at this time. I know it's a tough deal, my condolences to your family. Wish there was more that I could say but I know there is not. Hate that for ya pal

5mike5 November 05, 2014, 10:46:08 AM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sorry to hear this buddy. 

5mike5 November 05, 2014, 07:51:14 PM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
After seeing how this chase Format has worked in it's 1st year (if it even stays the same for 2015). We have ALOT better idea of how to get Bettervalue out of them other than at the seasons begining. First year I've ever bet a champion anytime, but next season i  will again hitting all longer odds at certain times

Like me betting brad a week b4 and few more times to start the chase at like +375 was the lowest odds and got better than too I think which is still Terrible.  Betting favs during 1st Round and advancing is just plain stupid unless ur taking the longer shots imo and depending on who they are of course

5mike5 November 05, 2014, 08:26:43 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
But I still have 3 drivers alive and any of the 3 would pay out very nicely.  Got the bestodds a few drivers like for edwards and especially DENNY Hamlin who I think may win the whole thing honestly at around +2100 or +2400 several times.   Just bet carl  edwards once but was at 50-1 and would pay 5k and bet the  least amount of $ on him with just a measley $100 bucks.  Most on brad of course. And DENNY Hamlin I made several GREAT bets , at least they have turned out GREAT on the #11.  All I bet these 1st to 3rd chase races.   

I would win the most on DENNY HAMLIN  , then EDWARDS and then KESLOWSKI, but even with brad I would atill able out great for my 1st time betting a champ especially in this crazy format and odds swings. as the favorite  I was betting at early on this plain stupid ofds early in this chase format.  Rookie mistake there.  Not sure IF brad is near 10-1 I'll probably add to him again.  I mean there is NOBODY I would rather bet on to hae to have a great run or win to advance than #2 team.  And that went for the whole year

But carl is single digits now and DENNY Hamlin is the 2nd fav to win it all now!!!  He's around +450 and LOWER at some places.  That was best price and it dropped the next day to the below +400 mark

flyboy November 05, 2014, 10:43:22 PM (#7)

• View Profile
sorry to hear opti, stay strong man.

nascarwagers November 05, 2014, 10:59:23 PM (#8)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well NASCAR definitely got what they wanted with this Chase. Non-stop drama every week with postrace activity. Two weeks away and realistically 8 drivers can win the Championship. I think it is going to be really interesting if Gordon, Harvick, or possibly Hamlin get knocked out this week and Keselowski makes it to Homestead. Everyone is still pissed at him I would not be surprised if payback is still not given if he is still in the championship hunt at Homestead

Reno Paul November 06, 2014, 01:08:27 AM (#9)

• View Profile

Gosh I'm so sorry Opti!!!!

Lost my Mom 2 years ago (She was 95). My Dad passed away years ago when I was 17.......I have an older Brother who is going through chemo treatments now for Leukemia.

Family is precious. I'm sure you love your Father Opti.....Be strong!!!!

Reno Paul November 06, 2014, 01:12:17 AM (#10)

• View Profile
 Got to re-up at 5 Dimes for the last 2 races.

Was a nice 3 month run with a small investment and a decent return out of it.

Optional November 06, 2014, 02:49:00 AM (#11)

• View Profile
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Sorry to put a downer on the weeks thread.

It's been a bit of a harrowing 4 days watching him deteriorate but he was comfortable and calm the whole time during it and when he finally succumbed a few hours ago it was over in just a few seconds.

I'll miss him till the day I die I think but he had a good life and was loved and admired by just about everyone who knew him and he pretty much chose to go on his own terms now. So it's not really a terrible or sad day. Just the end of a good life.

RIP Kev

I should be back for the weekend.

I'll be good to go on raceday for the punters club. Can someone please look who is punting and make sure they know? I'll add up the bankroll change and post a new thread when I can. Or someone else can if they feel like it.

5mike5 November 06, 2014, 08:46:24 AM (#12)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 @Optional Sounds like u a lucky guy to have such a great man and dad.  Sounds amaIng and glad U are looking at this positively I know that's rough

I will look at the punters club and text them.  If I don't have a persons number I send them a message 

Take all the time U need

:cheers

5mike5 November 06, 2014, 08:47:49 AM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@Optional u are punting again this week ( if u even want to if not we can switch for next week up to u) by last week's thread with @avssakic I sent him a forum message

The finale week is me and flyboy at the moment. 

5mike5 November 06, 2014, 09:05:44 AM (#14)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I already have  a few parlays on last-leg for this cup race from last week. 

1  Good thing came out of missing last week from being sick!

And IF Browns Hit ML (+240) tonight I'll have a MONSTE 3 teamer on last leg to make 3 open parlays on lasy-leg for NASCAR weekend.  It's a longshot,  but im feeling it