News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: Apologies to the forum/punter's club and advice needed on championship futures  (Read 164 times)

dapperandy November 03, 2014, 01:06:02 AM

• View Profile
I really wanted to post an apology to the forum particularly the punter's club for my absence. I love this forum and think you guys are geniuses. When it was my turn to contribute I feel like I let you guys down a bit. Later in this NASCAR season I have become a tad burnt out and wasting my time on football betting along with keeping up with a family I needed a little bit of a break. I have had an absolute excellent year betting motorsports particularly NASCAR in large part thanks to you guys.

I also wanted to ask about the bets I have on the championship and hedging. I have $16 on Ryan Newman at 125-1 and $16 more on him at 250-1. I also have good amounts on Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin but nowhere near the amount of Newman would win me. I know if Newman and one other of those guys make it, looking good for Hamlin, it would make it a lot easier to hedge and lock in some profit. Is anybody else in the same position and given any thought on hedging bets once it comes to Homestead?

Optional November 03, 2014, 03:24:23 AM (#1)

• View Profile
Hadn't really thought about Hedging cup bets.

Not sure it will be really tenable unless you stand to win a real shitload on Newman.

Even if you have 2 of the 4 drivers, the other two are unlikely to be better than +200 each, so you would likely end up having to reduce your potential Newman payout to about 25% or worse to cover both (I think)

And if you only have Newman and 3 others to hedge it will be too much to throw away the chance of winning.

If it were me and I stood to win say $2000 on Newman... I'd probably spend no more than $500 of it covering the other 3 for a consolation prize. Its a personal thing really though.

And as far as burn out. I've been into that area for weeks already myself. All is forgiven if its up to me :)

5mike5 November 03, 2014, 09:55:32 AM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hadn't really thought about Hedging cup bets.

Not sure it will be really tenable unless you stand to win a real shitload on Newman.

Even if you have 2 of the 4 drivers, the other two are unlikely to be better than +200 each, so you would likely end up having to reduce your potential Newman payout to about 25% or worse to cover both (I think)

And if you only have Newman and 3 others to hedge it will be too much to throw away the chance of winning.

If it were me and I stood to win say $2000 on Newman... I'd probably spend no more than $500 of it covering the other 3 for a consolation prize. Its a personal thing really though.

And as far as burn out. I've been into that area for weeks already myself. All is forgiven if its up to me :)

I agree with all that

5mike5 November 03, 2014, 09:59:09 AM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If hedoes somehow win this CHANPIONSHIP they arw gonna have to change things imo.  No wins all year is almost unthinkable to me with guys who have won 5:6 times!!  There would be an uproar

This has nothig to do with ur bet, U bet the GREAT odds.   I would be excited actually.  He's been steady as a rock can't take that away from him

And no apologies needed, we all get that way thi late in the year

flyboy November 03, 2014, 11:55:33 AM (#4)

• View Profile
Opti makes some good points. I say don't get yourself all worked up and worried about that shit until after next weeks race. Sit back enjoy the week and your family for a few days!

Jmac November 03, 2014, 05:56:13 PM (#5)

• View Profile
I also have $50 on Newman at 250-1. Hes the only bet I have on the championship, as I don't normally care much for championship bets.
Only reason I bet Newman is because 250-1 was ridiculous with this new format. No sense in doing much this week, especially since all he needs is a top 10 and hes in the final 4.
I was also pleasantly surprise with the speed Newman had last night. He was legitimately a top 5 car, until that race turn into the biggest cluster fuck ive ever seen. Lets just hope he gets to Homestead and see who his is competition is before we consider hedging.
Best possible scenario for Newman & You is 31/99/11/20 in final 4. 2 guys with zero wins, 1 with just a plate win and Carl lol

Lets go Newman!!

5mike5 November 03, 2014, 06:13:59 PM (#6)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm pulling for the 11.  Have 2 and 99 too but HAMLIN would be a miracle

nascarwagers November 03, 2014, 10:41:54 PM (#7)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I really wanted to post an apology to the forum particularly the punter's club for my absence. I love this forum and think you guys are geniuses. When it was my turn to contribute I feel like I let you guys down a bit. Later in this NASCAR season I have become a tad burnt out and wasting my time on football betting along with keeping up with a family I needed a little bit of a break. I have had an absolute excellent year betting motorsports particularly NASCAR in large part thanks to you guys.

I also wanted to ask about the bets I have on the championship and hedging. I have $16 on Ryan Newman at 125-1 and $16 more on him at 250-1. I also have good amounts on Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin but nowhere near the amount of Newman would win me. I know if Newman and one other of those guys make it, looking good for Hamlin, it would make it a lot easier to hedge and lock in some profit. Is anybody else in the same position and given any thought on hedging bets once it comes to Homestead?

No worries bud. I think all of us have hit some sort of a wall here in recent weeks. I have found a few of these races hard to get excited about especially in the middle of college football considering I go to every SC game. Let's close out these last two weeks with a bang!

Optional November 04, 2014, 01:34:25 AM (#8)

• View Profile
Hamlin or Edwards for the club. I have $20 on Edwards at 100/1 for myself. Not sure why I didnt grab a little Newman too. As in hindsight he has had more chance than Edwards over the entire series so far.

The NASCAR season is just too long. Every year at whatever forum we are on even us die hard fans suffer burn out by about race 30. Thought it might have been partly poor results for a year or two there.. but it's becoming obvious that win or lose during the chase... a lot of people are 'tired' of the weekly grind before Homestead.

Backing off to just 30 Cup races, with 7 or 8 chase races, and using maybe 2 of the 6 lost weekends to do a highlight event for the two lower series.  Maybe a 6 hour endurance event for both series together on a road course... with mandatory 2 drivers per car/truck. Maybe even include a series like V8 Supercars into the weekend.

Or a full on all dirt weekend with trucks, Cup drivers in late models, Robbie Gordon's stadium truck series, and why not throw some Nationwide around Eldora too.

Those two sort of events would really help the lower series teams get more exposure plus break up the season more from the week to week grind.