News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: Triple Crown - Belmont  (Read 467 times)

nascarwagers June 04, 2014, 03:06:16 AM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wanted to start a thread on the race at Belmont this weekend. I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoy watching these big horse races. I know a lot of us in the forum throw a couple of dollars out towards these races. Personally, I don't know a ton about horse racing but have kept up with it a lot more this year. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts and opinions.

:horse :horse :horse

Obviously, everyone is watching California Chrome who is trying to become the first horse to win the Triple Crown since 'Affirmed' back in 1978. Currently California Chrome is listed +120 to win the Belmont Stakes. A full breakdown of the odds are listed below:

BELMONT CONTENDERS

ODDS TO WIN

California Chrome +120
Ride On Curlin +575
Commanding Curve +700
Tonalist +700
Wicked Strong +800
Medal Count +1400
Samraat +2000
Social Inclusion +2500
Commissioner +3000
Matterhorn +3500
Matuszak +4000
Kid Cruz +4000

5mike5 June 04, 2014, 06:15:10 AM (#1)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
i like watching the triple crown but thtats about it for me.....

but ALWAYS watch the Belmont if a horse wins the derby and the preakness...i think its very exciting...we might see history might not happen 4 another 40 years!

i would only take big lonhsgots for fun though, just another interest to watch, but i would watch this with nothing on it something i would never do with any other horse race....should be fun im excited about it...ill play 2-3 big longshots for fun with just 5-10 bucks on them for some action but hope we see that elusive 3x crown FINALLY...hasn't happened since the year i was born i dont think (10977?  maybe it was 78 it happened)

:horse

Optional June 04, 2014, 11:28:16 AM (#2)

• View Profile
I'd like the trifecta please someone?

Slimpickens June 04, 2014, 11:32:39 AM (#3)

• View Profile
Official Morning Line

1 Medal Count 20-1
2 California Chrome 3/5
3 Matterhorn 30-1
4 Commanding Curve 15-1
5 Ride on Curlin 12-1
6 Matuszak 30-1
7 Samarrat 20-1
8 Commisioner 20-1
9 Wicked Strong 6-1
10 General A Rod 20-1
11 Tonalist 8-1

5mike5 June 04, 2014, 12:08:31 PM (#4)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
^^^^^^ this so the guy if ur not just wanting to bet long-shots for  interest and bet more $ on the line ateast give his opinions some thought. He REALLY knows horses.  Just believe me about that

I'll just be picking my usual 3-4 big longshots.  I don't see this horse winning the triple crown but that's just me as already said I know nothing about horse racing.  Just never happens and seems like the long 3rd leg Is always too much and it's got to this point (last-leg) many times lately.

Just longshots here and not much $ at risk.  Just betting it for interest and the excitement. Best thing on sat too as no NASCAR series in action for probably the only Saturday during the whole damn season without looking

nascarwagers June 04, 2014, 01:18:22 PM (#5)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Slim,

What you think about Commanding Curve and Ride on Curlin's chances Saturday?

Curlin got off to a terrible start in the Derby but closed to a 7th place finish and had a much clearer path to make a charge at the  Preakness to finish 2nd while closing on Chrome at the finish. Unlike most horses, Curlin has run the 1.5 mile distance before and done really well. If he does not get too far behind early and the pace is not too fast to start with, I think he can get it done.

Commanding Curve was also closing pretty hard on Chrome at the Derby and from what I have read has looked really strong in some of prelim runs.

Slimpickens June 04, 2014, 02:08:38 PM (#6)

• View Profile
I dont like to bash longshots so if you like a longshot you should bet them. But, I dont like either horse for win honors. The Preakness field overall was an extremly weak field for a triple crown race which helped him get 2nd. My feeling on him was last time was his chance to win and he couldnt. The Belmont features a stronger field.

Just dont think Commanding Curve is good enough but do slightly prefer him to Ride on Curlin. I think there would have to be a very fast early pace for him to plod along and get up at the end. In the history of the Belmont Stakes 92% of winners have been 1st or 2nd at the top of the stretch.

Those horses could possibly be decent head to head matchup plays as they should be going the right way at the end of the race. Dimes should post H2H by Friday.

Also Ride on Curlin has never raced at a mile and a half before, not sure where you heard that.  No 3 year old has traveled that far on the dirt yet.

nascarwagers June 04, 2014, 02:43:52 PM (#7)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input bud.

Trident June 05, 2014, 12:03:01 PM (#8)

• View Profile
Brisnet past performances, not as good as DRF but you can't complain about free.   :lol

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=BEL&race=11&param1=4554&param2=483&param3=1462164

milehigh June 07, 2014, 11:33:37 AM (#9)

• View Profile
Slim:

What are you looking at today?  Been reading up and about to play some fun trifectas I think.  I also have Commanding Curve (-110) over Ride on Curlin in a H2H...thats it

5mike5 June 07, 2014, 11:37:52 AM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
gotta find 2 long-shots and my womans play for today

hope we se a 3x crown, but we are NOT going to im afraid

i at least need 1-2 longshots to root for,m but this 1 i would watch without any $ riding....something i would never do b4 in horse racing...

or much else for thay matter

:lol

milehigh June 07, 2014, 11:39:25 AM (#11)

• View Profile
I'm thinking of a Trifecta Box with California Chrome, Samraat, and then Wicked Strong?  Or maybe Commanding Curve? 

Trident June 07, 2014, 12:14:37 PM (#12)

• View Profile
Matuszak +155 / Matterhorn

Reno Paul June 07, 2014, 12:17:35 PM (#13)

• View Profile
 I'll just be rooting on the Northern California horse California Chrome to win the Triple Crown.

Slimpickens June 07, 2014, 12:58:03 PM (#14)

• View Profile
Slim:

What are you looking at today?  Been reading up and about to play some fun trifectas I think.  I also have Commanding Curve (-110) over Ride on Curlin in a H2H...thats it

Im going with the #11 Tonalist. He was my early KY Derby horse back in January. He had a setback along the way and didnt have a chance to make it to the derby. He is the most unexperienced horse in the race which is the biggest concern as well as the wide post draw. Is bred to run all day. I would be pretty suprised if the 2 Chrome, 9 Wicked Strong or 11 Tonalist didnt win. Im taking Tonalist as the biggest price of the 3 likliest winners. But it's the Belmont Stakes where the unexpected happens more often than not.

I would lean your way on that H2h but no strong opinion there really.

I will be watching the races throughout the day to see how the track is playing before deciding on any H2H. 1st 2 dirt races were won by deep closers. Perhaps Commissioner who should be going forward at the end of the race while General A Rod should be retreating could be a decent one. Commissioner +135 at the moment.