News:

Truex wins Championship! Thanks everyone for a great year!

Topic: F1 - Canadian GP  (Read 426 times)

Optional June 03, 2014, 05:19:44 AM

• View Profile
Just a quick post to kick us off.

Track suits the Mercs perfectly. Lots of full throttle straights, slow corners and traction needed.

Heavy on fuel usage. Easy on tyres and engine cooling.

A world champion has won this race 17 times in the last 20 years. It's a track that favours experience and patience.

McLaren and Ferrari are traditionally the strong teams here. Vettel ran away with it last year but that was the only win here during Red Bulls dominance of the last 4 years. And I suspect the lack of top end speed will be a serious disadvantage on a track with lots of passing opportunities.

Lotus is usually strong here too. I have taken Grosjean for a top 10 in race +210 already and thinking about him for a Top 6 bet +800. Although a little concerned the better top end speed of the other Merc powered teams (Williams, McLaren and Force India) might make a 6th just a little more than the Lotus will give RG this week.

Sauber and Torro Rosso are also suited to this track usually.

Hamilton. Vettel, Alonso and Raikkonen are the only drivers in the field to have led more than 1 lap here previously.

Hamilton is a stud on this circuit and Rosberg has this track toward the bottom of his career results. Don't take the good odds on Rosberg beating him this week.

After the Monaco problems at Merc I expect Hamilton will want to come out and assert himself straight away. So I have taken Hamilton to be fastest in Practice 1 +100 (at Titanbet)

Button to make the 3rd qualifying session should be a good bet.

Grosjean for top 6 in the race +800 is worth considering for small early, and possibly for more after we see how Friday practice pans out.

Maybe Alonso for a podium finish +325 is another worth grabbing at those odds for a small starter bet, and see how the Ferrari looks in practice.

1st practice bet on Hamilton and top 10 Grosjean is all I have taken so far, probably take the last 2 bets above as well. Just havent pulled trigger yet.

Optional June 03, 2014, 05:32:01 AM (#1)

• View Profile
for those that dont want to read, bets so far are;

Hamilton to top practice session 1 +100 (Titanbet)
Grosjean to finish top 10 in race +210 (5dimes)

nascarwagers June 03, 2014, 08:21:10 PM (#2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I do not know enough yet about F1, but I am tailing the Grosjean to finish in top 10 bet  :cheers

5mike5 June 03, 2014, 08:43:37 PM (#3)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I do not know enough yet about F1, but I am tailing the Grosjean to finish in top 10 bet  :cheers
Thinking I might as well

milehigh June 03, 2014, 08:45:11 PM (#4)

• View Profile
Opti:  What are your thoughts on F. Alonso Top 3 finish at +325??

Slimpickens June 03, 2014, 09:09:12 PM (#5)

• View Profile

Read the next to last paragraph of his initial post.

milehigh June 03, 2014, 09:27:51 PM (#6)

• View Profile

Read the next to last paragraph of his initial post.

Doh! That's what I get for reading while driving.  Well maybe if we're both having the same thoughts I might make a small play at it :-)

Optional June 03, 2014, 11:26:04 PM (#7)

• View Profile
I know I'm a bit vague this week guys.

It's not as clear cut who will be where at this track. There is also a chance all the Mercedes powered teams will kill everyone else on the straights by so much that no one else will really figure. (although personally I think Ferrari in particular will be quite close to Mercs in straight line speed now and the Renault might not be as far away as everyone seems to be expecting either.)

Should have something more solid to bet for qualifying after Friday practice.

5mike5 June 03, 2014, 11:30:06 PM (#8)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I some know how u guys that age food and have the knowledge at different forms of racing.  I spend so many hours a week handicapping nascarcraces I couldn't imagine having any useful knowledge on any other series of racing.  Hats odd to u and trident I couldn't so it

Optional June 03, 2014, 11:53:08 PM (#9)

• View Profile
I some know how u guys that age food and have the knowledge at different forms of racing.  I spend so many hours a week handicapping nascarcraces I couldn't imagine having any useful knowledge on any other series of racing.  Hats odd to u and trident I couldn't so it

Honestly Mike, I spend about 20% of the time reading news and capping NASCAR as I used to. I loved putting together complicated charts and calculations and stuff like that. Didn't watch all the race replays you do, but would spend a good 30+ hours a week on each race. When they changed the 'normal weekend format' a couple of years back it really threw my system up in the air and I've never got back to developing a new one.

I haven't felt like 'I know' whats going to happen in a NASCAR race for more than a year now.

Right now I do feel like 'I know' what's likely to happen in F1 races though. So I guess I have been spending more time reading about that lately. F1 takes less time though. Just 11 teams in 3 groups. Front runners, mid pack and back markers.

Not really having to think about the race win market too much so far this year makes it simpler too.

5mike5 June 04, 2014, 12:02:07 AM (#10)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Makes sense to me. Bleep it up!

Optional June 06, 2014, 01:50:22 PM (#11)

• View Profile
Alonso came out out late and put in fastest in P1. :(

I guess it wasn't really too smart to take anyone at +100 in practice. Hamilton did come out and do what I expected, make sure he was ahead of Rosberg at every stage, but was doing long run work at the end when Alonso put in hi fast one.

Had a couple of 3 buck bets on Hulkenburg +5000 and Massa +4000 to be fastest in practice session 2. just a lucky dip

SubjectMatterExpert June 07, 2014, 08:02:28 PM (#12)

• View Profile
I'm on Vettel to win and Vettel and Alonso for fastest lap

5mike5 June 07, 2014, 09:09:03 PM (#13)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I might toss out another longshot fastest lap againa situating on an opti opinion though b; I throw a dart.

Gotta be worth it for me to bet it

Slimpickens June 07, 2014, 09:18:52 PM (#14)

• View Profile
Sucks F1 and Nascar running at the same time.

:!